Senior Application Developer
Consultant Faiz Modak (R1216653)
Date posted 07 November 2016
A leading financial institute in Singapore is currently looking for a Senior Developer to work within their Innovation team.
About the Senior Application Developer role:
The Risk Software team is continuing a program to build the next generation of bespoke financial modelling platform, in order to better support the ever growing needs of insurers and re-insurers around the world. The product is used by world class actuarial and brokerage teams to help their clients understand and manage their most complex risks. This project is very far from being an ordinary corporate IT project and someone extraordinary is needed.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Developer include analysis, design, development and delivery of features in a challenging and ever changing environment for users across all functional groups.
- Take ownership and leadership of task and drive them personally to successful delivery
- Deliver successful solution to users
- Grasp complex design concepts and articulate them to colleagues on different levels of technological expertise
To be successful in this Senior Application Developer role, you will need to be a solid programmer experienced in C#, WPF, Agile, SCRUM and server side programming who understands the importance and benefits of producing good quality code.
- BSc, MSc or PhD in mathematics, science or related field (MSc or PhD preferred)
- Experience of building complex scientific software would be a distinct advantage
- Full stack developer experience
- Excellent software design skills, significantly beyond the ability to regurgitate not particularly useful design patterns
- Strong problem solving skills who take passion in resolving complicated problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Previous commercial experience of C#, SQL Server and at least one of WPF or ASP.NET MVC
- A thorough understanding of how to unit test code and how to write code that is testable
- Experience of using dependency injection in a large project
- Python 2.7 and Automated UI testing are a plus
- A genuine desire to be the best developer you can be
- Knowledge of the financial industry is not required
This global institute needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader within the financial industry. Their culture in the Singapore offices is renowned as one of the best on the market and the organisation is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
The Senior Application Developer role is pure development, so it would not suit someone looking to move into more business or project management oriented positions. If you think you are one of the best developers, a driven individual motivated by delivering successful solutions to users and a dependable experienced developer able to take ownership and leadership of tasks and drive them personally to successful delivery, then we would like to hear from you.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1216653 Faiz Modak