Special Projects Lead
Salary SGD120000 - SGD180000 per annum + Attractive Package
Consultant Valerie Corera (R1332085)
Date posted 13 November 20192019-11-13 2020-01-12 insurance Singapore SG SGD 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A rare Special Projects Lead job opportunity has recently become available at a leading insurance firm.
About the Special Projects Lead Role:
As the Special Projects Lead, you will be responsible for the operational management of the IFRS 17 implementation in Singapore, a projects and change operation, occasional small distinct local projects, sub-projects or phases of a larger project and ensures that the overall project objectives are clearly defined and met. These projects from a total cost perspective are typically below USD 1 million.
- Specific to the IFRS 17 - implement the group finance road map, deliver the central finance systems solutions locally by collaborating with the regional and global stakeholders
- Successfully implement small, or low/medium complexity local projects, sub-projects or phases of a larger projects
- Adapt to and apply different delivery approaches (waterfall, Scrum, Lean) and perform, with appropriate support, project management processes to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control
- Balance the competing constraints of scope, schedule, budget, quality, resources, and risk to produce the specified product, service, or results
- Ensure change readiness of receiving organisation
- Support the sponsor in the setup of the project to ensure the business case is clearly defined (including estimates of required resources and funds) and relevant stakeholders are engaged as part of evaluating the preferred product solutions
- Develop a detailed project plan at task level based on the agreed business case, manage and control project delivery in accordance with baseline parameters and standards (time, cost, quality) to drive project success
- Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling risk on a project to increase the likelihood and impact of positive events, and decrease the likelihood and impact of negative events in the project
To succeed in this Special Projects Lead role, IFRS 17 experience or IFRS 9 or Basel project management experience, the ability to navigate in an MNC and solid stakeholder engagement skills are essential.
- Understand or be willing to learn about the customer's processes, products, services, and systems in order to make educated recommendations for improvements; possesses domain knowledge or is able to work with subject matters to have sufficient knowledge to perform;understands inter dependencies between core processes
- Build and own relationships with management and business partners as appropriate throughout the project cycle
- Establish project direction, define key results, develop plans, establish goals, and identify critical success factors
- Develop/review and monitor business case, CBA, risk assessment, and project plan, working with sponsor. Supervise project team members
- Engage and consult with appropriate parties (both internal and external) throughout the project. Manage vendor engagements
- Lead and execute the solution design and implementation, including associated change management activities
- Communicate to key stakeholders regarding project updates and issues and manages escalation appropriately
This global company has a stellar reputation in the market and is known to practise internal mobility.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Special Projects Lead role.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1332085 Valerie Corera