Regional Training Manager
Salary SGD120000 - SGD150000 per annum
Consultant MaySan Ng (R1108200)
Date posted 23 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Regional Training Manager job has just been made available at a leading multinational automotive company based in Singapore. You will be tasked to drive the planning, conceptualisation, and delivery of training and learning across the company's entities in APAC.
About the Regional Training Manager role:
Reporting to the Director and managing a team of trainers, you will be the key business partner tasked to identify critical gaps in training needs and/or competencies and provide the necessary solutions and training for business growth in the APAC region. This role will cover technical and non-technical training aspects for the business’ dealer network in Asia Pacific. Leveraging on internal and external sources, you will need to travel around 30% of the time to support business needs, facilitate and/or provide training.
- Deploy the training curriculum to address training needs for stakeholders, including dealer network, in the APAC region; this includes working closely with the Global Training University to conceptualise and/or localise training materials
- Oversee programme management for technical and sales support training programmes in region
- Analyse organisational training needs, measure effectiveness, perform competency gap analysis and provide input into quality curriculum materials and programmes to develop technical capabilities
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop strategies that will facilitate cost effective deployment programmes company-wide, while overseeing budgets, schedules, programme materials, and programme logistics
- Work with various stakeholders to communicate and champion curriculum quality and value to increase utilisation
- Hold stakeholders accountable for achieving course completion metrics
- Provide project management support for training projects with adherence to tight deadlines, collaborating with and influencing individuals from a variety of stakeholder groups to drive business transformation and growth
- Recommend and maintain facilitator standards through auditing and holding facilitators accountable
- Lead an internationally-based team of training leads and other support personnel
To succeed in the Regional Training Manager role, you must have a proven track record of training with APAC exposure.
- Degree holder with training certifications
- Eight years' relevant experience in training, technical or non-technical, and in the automotive, aerospace and/or manufacturing sector; this includes an aptitude for needs analysis, developing training plans and content, and measuring training effectiveness
- Strong regional or international exposure with experience in leading a diverse team of 2-3 in Singapore
- Ability to manage and build strong relationships with stakeholders, while demonstrating conceptual and imaginative thinking in a highly-complex environment
They are a globally-recognised automotive with a strong footprint in Asia and a commitment to develop stakeholders, including its dealer network. This is an exciting opportunity for a training professional with an entrepreneurial attitude.
Apply now or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1108200 May San Ng