Senior HR Manager
Consultant MaySan Ng (R1108200)
Date posted 04 April 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Senior HR Manager job has just been made available at a leading educational organisation based in Singapore.
About the Senior HR Manager role:
Reporting to the HR Director, you will be responsible for generalist matters, as well as leading various projects and driving the the HR analytics capability for the HR function.
- Review and develop HR processes & systems, and deliver continuous process improvement and organisational efficiency
- Collaborate with other HR Managers to capture metrics to track HR organisation’s performance in alignment with the College's strategic goals
- Maintain awareness of employment legislation changes and lead on policy changes to implement legal and regulatory requirements
- Manage a process of organisational planning that evaluates the structure of functions, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company; evaluate plans and changes to plans; make recommendations to the HR Director
- Support the Learning & Development initiatives for the Admin and Support staff in coordination with the Head of Learning & Development and Director of HR
- Conduct a continuing study of all Human Resources programs, trends and practices; work with the functional HR leads to ensure new developments are adopted to improve the efficiency of the HR function
- Support the functional HR leads to develop and monitor an annual budget [inclusive of employee development, recognition, benefits administration and employee engagement]; consolidate and recommend to the Director of Human Resources
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department; prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic HR goals accomplishment
- Support the HR leads for the review and maintenance of HR Policies and Procedures to enable the effectiveness of the strategic plan
- Act as a trusted advisor to the middle managers on the people agenda
- Partner proactively with staff at all levels
To succeed in this Senior HR Manager role, you should have prior experience in HR generalist functions and have excellent organisational skills.
- Minimum bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources
- Ideally 6- 8 years' experience as an HR Generalist/HR Manager/Senior HR Manager and/or HR shared service manager, with 3+ years' experience in HR projects/change management and ideally exposure to HR analytics
- Excellent working knowledge of Singapore Employment laws, HR practices, L&D, HR analytics and reporting, organisational planning and development, employee & Union relations
- Experience working in a large organisation with proven business partnering and project partnering skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple functional verticals under pressure and as per organisational priorities
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the other functional team members
- Excellent computer skills; must include knowledge of Excel and skills and experience in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Evidence of the ability to guide and coach organisation's middle managers in effective team handling and constructive feedback sharing
- Excellent organisational management skills
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organisations
- Outstanding interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills with drive to deliver excellent services
- Relationship building, employee counselling and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a dynamic work environment and maintain a high degree of flexibility and confidentiality where required
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural environment and interact with staff at all levels
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical level
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills
- Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Honesty, integrity, compassion, patience and a good sense of humour
This leading educational organisation is a thought leader with a world-class reputation in the community.
If you are driven and wish to advance your career in HR, this Senior HR Manager job is the role for you.
Apply for this exciting opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1108200 May San Ng