Consultant Charmaine Tan (R1656338)
Date posted 03 January 2017
A leading IT company is seeking a HR Assistant to be responsible for their payroll processing, leave monitoring and adminstration functions.
About the HR Assistant Role:
The HR Assistant is responsible for the payroll process for the APJ countries and is also responsible for the general HR functions.
- Main contact for outsourced payroll provider and internal point of contact for employees on all paychecks, tax, social securities & payroll related queries
- Collate and compile payroll details and communicate monthly payroll data to the payroll service provider
- Ensures accurate calculation of wages, unpaid leave, tax withholdings and company deductions
- Reconcile Payroll Output from the provider for its accuracy by reviewing the payroll results and net pays and advising the provider with any errors/inaccuracy and corrections
- Monitor 3rd party payments (such as social security, benefits contributions, pension etc.) as required for each of the locations and interact/coordinate with government agencies such as social insurance agencies, labor agency or others as required for payroll related matter
- Support all payroll related audits ( Income Tax Audits, Internal Audits, any other general audits)
- Ensuring compliance to national legislation, internal controls & guidelines
- Prepare statistical reports on employee pay, commissions and bonuses; vacation, sick, disability and workers compensation leave; taxes, withholdings, etc
- Responsible for monitoring and recording leave records for all APJ staff
- Ensure accurate reporting of unpaid leave to outsource vendor for payroll deductions
- Responsible for administrating the various insurance schemes in the different locations by working with local vendors to secure best rates and packages for staff. Complete sign-in for new hires and termination notifications for resigned staff and liaise with vendors on claims filed and attend to any insurance related requests/queries
- Assist in liaising with recruiters on candidates – arranging interviews and coordinating feedback from hiring managers. Assist with pre-employment background checks or telephone reference checks
- Assist in the onboarding process including collection of documents for new hires and following up on Red Carpet process
- Diploma or degree in HR
- At least two years' payroll processing experience and good understanding of payroll process in general
- Minimum three to five years' human resources experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with HRIS systems (eg. Peoplesoft)
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented while maintaining accuracy
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
You will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are a progressive HR Assistant with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1656338 Charmaine Tan