Chief Operations Officer
Salary SGD15000 - SGD18000 per month + AWS + Bonus
Consultant Allie Teh (R1441522)
Job Ref 1691180/001
Date posted 25 July 2022singapore general-mgt-consultancy/operations-management 2022-07-25 2022-08-24 hospitality-and-catering singapore SG SGD 15000 18000 18000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Chief Operations Officer job opportunity has just been made available at a leading F&B establishment. This F&B group needs no further introduction and is known as one of the market leaders in its field. The brand has also seen steady growth the past couple of years and is looking for a strong leader to grow its Singapore business.
About the Chief Operations Officer Role:
In this business critical role, you will report to the managing director and ensure that the strategic, business objectives, and the values of the organisation are put into practice. In conjunction with other team members, you will ensure business growth through planning, directing, and managing business operations activities to ensure they are delivered and performing in accordance with strategic objectives. You will also be responsible for ensuring organisational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organisation's operation team, including the Front-of-House, Bar, and Back-of-House.
- Create the strategic framework for well-planned growth and maximised EBITDA from the existing business, while remaining mindful of enhancing the medium-term value of the company
- Make recommendations for operations excellence in accordance with brand business strategy
- Establish challenging, realistic, and obtainable goals to guide the operations team and achieve performance
- Work with the Managing Director on the annual budgeting and planning process for the organisation
- Manage the budget by monitoring the actual financial performance and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded and opportunities are identified and addressed
- Work with the operations leadership team to determine areas of concern and develop strategies to improve the financial performance
- Focus on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or employee satisfaction
- Be a hands-on leader who builds and can galvanise the team and/or organisation to support the business objectives
- Manage in a consultative and precise manner (e.g. good communications, setting objectives, performance coaching) that emphasises service, food quality, cost optimisation, innovation, and enthusiasm
- Identify opportunities to increase profits and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation, and driving necessary change
- Ensure that regular, ongoing communication occurs in all areas of the operations (e.g. pre-shift briefings, employee meetings, etc.)
- Establish and maintains open, collaborative relationships with direct reports and the entire operations team
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Provide service that is above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention
- Improve service experience, food and beverage quality by communicating and assisting individuals in understanding guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
- Review findings from comment cards, guest satisfaction for results, and other data to identify areas of improvement and develop plans to take corrective action
- Consistent employee engagement to solicit feedback and to make proposals/recommendations to improve productivity and efficiency
- Coach and support the operations leadership team to effectively manage wages and controllable expenses
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for successful performance
- Ensure that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates, subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or comments
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and consistently and bring to the attention of HR should there be any issues pertaining to people management
To succeed in this Chief Operations Officer role, you will need to possess a strong track record in driving growth for a successful F&B business, and display strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 10 years' senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting and growing business demands
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Masterful organisational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Chief Operations Officer opportunity.
Apply now or contact me to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1441522 Allie Teh