Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives
Salary SGD120000 - SGD170000 per annum
Consultant WeiYolk Loke (R1545553)
Date posted 21 October 2016
An Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives role has just become available at one of the leading established banks. The role sits in the COO Office and the area of focus is on the International Corporates and Financial Institution business to execute and drive strategic initiatives across the Bank’s footprint.
About the Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives Role:
You will be an individual contributor role in a team of 3 that provides challenging opportunities for driven candidates across a broad range of topics like delivering time dividend on origination for future growth, ensuring strategic functional alignment & engagement and enabling business growth through productivity and discipline. Your team’s key priority for the year is to get an effective client delivery model embedded in all major markets. The team also supports IC & FI COO representation in senior management forums.
- Play a leading role in translating strategic goals and directives into executable plans. Identify and engage stakeholders, define roles & responsibilities and plan appropriate communication and change management strategy
- Assist in implementing client delivery model
- Ensure any handover / transition of accounts is completed comprehensively and in the most controlled manner to mitigate any transition risk
- Manage proactively compliance and regulatory approvals where necessary
- Ensure financial management (cross border recharges, Centre of Excellences (CoE) recharging serviced country etc.) in line with group transfer pricing and tax policies
- Drive best practise sharing among CoEs to drive overall Credit TAT and improve BCA quality
- Ensure 100% adherence to PMO / PRC guidelines
- Facilitate, manage and independently lead discussions with regional and country management to gather relevant feedback factoring in country nuances
- Collect, analyse and interpret data & statistics to validate hypotheses. Synthesise conclusions and present to senior management forums for ratification
- Demonstrate ability to think of new and different ways of working to simplify processes, decrease touch points / handshakes, driving standardisation – be the change agent to improve and make business easier
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and improve productivity and efficiency by driving a standardisation agenda for the business to deliver targets and business contribution to the Group agenda
- Ensure 100% compliance to regulations, or framework, policy and governance standards; upgrade continually
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
To succeed in the Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives job, you should have the ability to multi-task with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving
- Ability to learn new concepts and initiate suggestions to improve existing practices
- Excellent professional skills, communication (including verbal, presentation and written) skills
- Ability to liaise independently across a wide variety of businesses, operational, functional and technical teams, to achieve defined objectives
- Ability to manage implementation and to follow through on execution and closure
- Collaborative team player, with a very strong willingness to share and impart knowledge
- Competent in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The bank is a leading global banking giant with an established presence in the region. Currently, the bank is trying to drive change and transformation to make the internal processes more lean and efficient and drive initiative to align the business to its global corporate strategies.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for
you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this challenging and exciting role
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1545553 Wei Yolk Loke