Travel Retail General Manager APAC
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Allie Teh (R1441522)
Job Ref 1803360/001
Date posted 07 June 2022singapore general-mgt-consultancy/general-management 2022-06-16 2022-07-07 retail singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Travel Retail General Manager APAC job opportunity has just become available at a leading prestige beauty company. Based in Singapore, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the APAC TR team to achieve annual financial and brand building objectives as well as setting strategic plans to achieve mid and long-term business goals.
About the Travel Retail General Manager APAC Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships with the respective TR retailers, especially in North Asia and Korea. Together with the reporting manager, you will develop the annual business plans for TR to meet its brand building, consumer engagement and financial goals.
- Identify areas for business growth in coherence with the overall APAC strategy in terms of portfolio and footprint management, through cooperation with the regional marketing and retail team as well as the relevant domestic markets (especially China, South Korea, Australia, and India)
- Utilise consumer and shopper data insights to strategically advise global brands and global travel retail HQ teams to develop an integrated brand strategy for the channel with relevant brand adaptations, product development and tailored content and campaigns to target travelling shoppers
- Partner with APAC regional marketing and retail team to drive the planning of all digital marketing, retail and omnichannel campaigns to engage travellers across multiple platforms and to increase the awareness and relevance of the brands
- Strengthen business relationships with the key operators in APAC by defining and leading the client strategy within the commercial framework
- Review and strengthen the processes to work with global brands, global travel retail, and global and regional operations teams
- Lead, grow, develop, and empower the direct TR APAC team (year-to-date, growing team of 16 with six direct reports, covering marketing, digital business, commercial and customer development) as well as partner with the regional shared resources for CMI, marketing, visual merchandising, education, operations and controlling, to execute the annual business, brand building and consumer engagement plans
- Improve commercial framework with a key focus on data-sharing and brand building/visibility counterparts
- Execute distribution, retail and omnichannel trade marketing plan by brand with a key focus on key locations, and on productivity/door for the niche portfolio
- Control orders, sell-in, sell-out and stock-in-hand flow for key clients and locations
- Identify potential risks as defined by internal audit and ensure implementation of agreed action plans to eliminate or to minimise them.
To succeed in this Travel Retail General Manager APAC role, you will need to have a strong understanding of the travel retail landscape and consumer purchase behaviour.
- At least 15 years of experience in a senior regional role in the travel retail channel in Asia Pacific
- Experience in the beauty industry is essential
- Must have in-depth knowledge of how to capture the hearts and minds of travellers in Asia Pacific, especially Chinese shoppers and consumers
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills, with experience in managing and developing a multicultural team, as well as in partnering and influencing key stakeholders in HO/global teams
- Solid negotiation, interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills
- Solid P&L understanding, experience in budgeting and managing P&L
- Build and develop high-performance teams which contribute to the organisation in the long term
- Develop current talent and prepare future leaders
This leading beauty firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Travel Retail General Manager APAC job.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1441522 Allie Teh
Salary: SGD15000 - SGD18000 per month + AWS + BonusLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 23 June 2022An exciting Chief Operations Officer job opportunity has just been made available at a leading F&B establishment. This F&B group needs no further introduction and is known as one of the market leaders in its field. The brand has also seen steady growth the past couple of years and is looking for a strong leader to grow its Singapore business.