Director of Public Affairs (Banking and Financial Services)
Salary SGD200000 - SGD220000 per annum + travel allowance
Consultant Samantha Han (R1331281)
Date posted 18 January 2017
An exciting opportunity is now vacant with a top-tier bank in Singapore as they actively recruit for a Director of Public Affairs (Banking and Financial Services) for their Singapore team. You will join a leading and top-tier bank in driving their advocacy and public affairs agenda in Singapore and the region, and promote their interests in Singapore.
About the Director of Public Affairs (Banking and Financial Services) Role:
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs, you will drive the bank's key relations with government bodies, political stakeholders and influential think tanks in Singapore. You will actively promote the interests of the Bank and catalyse trusted relationships with external stakeholders to ensure needs are met and aligned with the bank's local agenda and priorities.
- Develop and secure a strategic public affairs agenda aligned to Singapore's strategic priorities
- Provide advise and support to top management in engaging on public affairs and governmental policies
- Key driver in delivering advocacy strategies of public policy engagement, trade policy and market access, advising and opening new business opportunities
- Proactively form relationships and influence key regulators/government bodies in Singapore to ensure that the Bank's interests are met and represented
- Delivery of timely and high quality reporting and intelligence on politics and policy changes to internal stakeholders
- Raise the Bank's profile by leveraging on and coordinating Singapore's participation in regional and international platforms (e.g. ASEAN and APEC)
To succeed in this Director of Public Affairs (Banking and Financial Services) role, you should have minimum 15 years' experience in Public and Corporate Affairs within Financial Institutions, Banking or Regulatory Bodies pertaining to banking and financial services.
- Excellent network and contacts with government and industry bodies
- Strong ability to create a strategic public affairs and advocacy agenda with key success measures
- Knowledge of updated intelligence on politics and policy changes and its impact to the Bank
- Understanding and practical experience of coordinating opportunities for senior management to engage with government and key political figures
- Excellent communication; with strong influential and management skills
- Works effectively in virtual and international teams and readily shares information with internal stakeholders
This company has a market-leading position in the markets they are based in, and continues to build a deeper footprint in Asia.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1331281 Samantha Han