APAC Strategy Director
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Allie Teh (R1441522)
Date posted 11 October 20192019-10-11 2019-12-10 retail singapore SG SGD 8000 16000 16000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive APAC Strategy Director job has just become available at a renowed global retail company. Based in Singapore, this role reports into the APAC Head, and will be responsible for driving transformation projects across the Asia Pacific region.
About the APAC Strategy Director Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for looking into the retail distribution network in the region, and using data and analytics to help optimise retail performance in the region. You will be an integral part of driving retail excellence and premiumisation in the Asia Pacific region.
- Strategise and develop commercial development plans for the region and also at a country-specific level
- Identify and conduct region-level and country-specific projects to drive and lift retail performance
- Develop new sales and distribution channels
- Prepare feasibility study before beginning all business ventures
- Provide timely feedback on business situation and make recommendations to improve performance
- Conduct and prepare for omnichannel level up
- Pitch retail excellence ideas to leaders and influence the follow through of the retail excellence projects to the countries in the region
- Support specific markets in uplifting the retail excellence and reaching premiumisation
- Assess retail performance of the region. Review sales performance of all sales channels. Prepare reports and communicate to teams in order to optimise operations and financial performance
- Build retail metrics to provide insights to support business analysis and impact decision towards retail excellence
- Evaluate country-specific business projects with risk factors, projections, and plans to ensure profitability and achievement of organisational targets
- Evaluate brand position and marketing effectiveness
- Assess markets’ sell-through, mark-down, clearance strategies based on volume and range of products
- Influence and enhance markets’ merchandising decisions to better achieve sales targets and goals
- Optimise and streamline retail excellence and premiumisation concepts across the region
- Grow and develop an in house analytics team
- Provide coaching and feedback to direct and indirect reports in developing new business channels/accounts in order to maintain relationship with business partners and optimise profitability
To succeed in this APAC Strategy Director role, you will need to have extensive experience knowledge in the Retail/FMCG industry retail consultancy, business development in a retail company, or a combination of both.
- At least six years' experience in retail consultancy and business development in a retail for FMCG company.
- Retail consultancy/retail business development experience
- Project development experience
- Project management experience
- Strong with data and numbers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
This global retail firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture may be demanding, but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this APAC Strategy Director role.
Apply today to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1441522 Allie Teh