Senior Proposal Engineer
Salary AWS, Medical Insurance, BonusFULL_TIME
Consultant Jan Schuitema (R1875292)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122019-01-07 engineering 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new Senior Proposal Engineer job based in Singapore has just become available at a leading company in industrial engineering and manufacturing.
About the Senior Proposal Engineer Role:
Based in the Asia Pacific headquarters in Singapore, you will work in a multi-disciplinary engineering team and liaise with clients all over the APAC region. You will also be working closely with the team based in China.
- Read RFQ documents and specifications normally pertaining to off gases from chemical plants and refineries
- Calculate the heat balance of inlet and outlet process gases, good knowledge of corrosion principles is a plus
- Create A PID showing all major components, burners, dampers, fans, expansion joints, gas trains, multi-fuel trains, stacks, boilers, hot water coils, pumps, piping systems for air, liquids and gas
- Select basic instruments required to make process work and meet basic safety codes:
- Pressure transmitters, RTDs, thermocouples, pressure switches, flow meters, PH meters, conductivity meters, limit switches, actuators (pneumatic and electric)
- Prepare operating fuels consumption lists as well as electrical consumption at various loads
- Prepare preliminary layouts for basic components, advise design team on what to draw, instrument lists and sizing
- Calculate flows, temperatures, pressures from start to finish of the process
- Size all ductwork and interconnecting piping both low pressure <10 kpa and high pressure > 10 barg, calculate hydraulic loss calculations for ductwork, gas piping, and liquid piping
To succeed in this Senior Proposal Engineer role, you should come from a mechanical, industrial or chemical engineering background and be proficient in Mandarin as you will be liaising with customers and teams based in China.
- Five to 10 years' experience reviewing RFQ ( bid documents ) and making technical proposals
- Preferably a mechanical, industrial, or chemical engineering background
- Must be able to read and write Mandarin as you will need to communicate with Chinese customers and local office in China
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and within a team environment
- Familiarity with recuperative, regenerative and thermal oxidisers, heat exchangers, scrubbers is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the combustion process is a must
- Experience with describing process, proposal writing, and filling out customer data sheets
- Basic metallurgy knowledge (304 SS, 304H, 316SS, high temp stainless steel 309, 321, 310, 6 moly alloys)
- Familiarity with ASME and GB (China) and Pressure Vessel standards is a benefit, DIN and ASME B31.6 piping standards
- Good knowledge of fans, ability to size fans and motor based on process conditions
This is a leading company in industrial engineering and manufacturing for over five decades, and has been a trusted partner in industrial air pollution control and energy recovery systems.
If you are driven and seek to take your career forward with a challenging but rewarding opportunity, this Senior Proposal Engineer role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or contact me for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875292 Jan Schuitema