Civil Engineer FOD
Consultant Jan Schuitema (R1875292)
Date posted 11 January 2019 2019-01-112019-03-12 engineering Singapore Singapore SG SGD 9000 12500 12500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Civil Engineer FOD job has just been made available in an leading consultancy organisation, based in Singapore.
About the Civil Engineer FOD role:
Reporting directly to the GM / Managing Director in Singapore, you will be responsible for the aspects of transportation and construction in the marine environment. As a big part of the job is doing on site inspections, fair amount of travelling will be a part of this job.
- To cover work under the Civil Engineering business stream, in particularly Fixed Object Damage, but also other Civil Engineer FOD work such as Port Development.
- To support other business lines where relevant engineering input is required.
- Formulating and successfully implementing policies for the Civil Engineering business stream;
- Directing strategy for profitable growth and development of existing and new areas of business within the business stream;
- Assist in providing the GM, CDL & Shipping with annual budget inputs for the business stream;
- Monitoring operating and financial performance for the business stream against plans, budgets and KPIs;
- Monitoring quality standards of all deliverables;
- Monitoring the WIP and the preparation, transmission and payment of invoices for work in the business stream against plans, policies and KPIs;
- Taking remedial actions where necessary and informing / obtaining approval from the GM/MD for any significant changes.
To succeed in the role, you must have prior experience in Marine Engineering.
- Degree in Msc Civil /Structrural Engineering
- Knowledge of materials like wood and metal as well as cost taxation and calculation
- Fluent in English
- Mandarin and or Bahasa would be a big plus in order to laise with clients in these regions.
Our client is an independent marine and engineering consultancy and survey organisation, providing high quality services to the shipping and offshore energy industries. Their business focuses on all aspects of transportation and construction in the marine environment and upon the accidents and disputes that sometimes arise.
If you are driven and determined to take your career forward, this is the role for you.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875292 Jan Schuitema