Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-18 engineering 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new Senior Consultant job based in Singapore has just become available at an oil and gas company. You will be required to travel both domestically and internationally for up to 50% per year for periods of one to three weeks per trip.
About the Senior Consultant Role:
You will be part of the Hydrocarbon team and work with clients in the refining and petrochemical industry to help them achieve safe, reliable and profitable operations. This purpose will be achieved by providing technical and management expertise, especially in the areas of production and strategic optimisation through production business and strategic planning, scheduling, blending optimisation and optimised supply chain operations.
- Build and run LP models for production planning, back casting, crude selection, medium term planning and annual budgeting and capital project evaluation for clients in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Build and run production scheduling and blend optimisation models for clients in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Use the company’s proprietary simulation models, tools, and methodologies to generate data to populate/update clients’ LP and scheduling models
- Build and run models of an entire supply chain (e.g., country-wide production and distribution systems) and/or its individual components (e.g., terminals, ports, tank farms, etc.)
- Utilise the company’s proprietary Intellectual Property and personal knowledge of industry best practices to conduct assessments of client’s planning, scheduling, blending and supply chain operations
- Build and run mathematical programming, discrete event models and stochastic simulation models to optimise supply chain operations
- Prepare and deliver presentations and technical reports to clients at different levels of a manufacturing organisation, ranging from operation engineers to plant manager and headquarters executives
- Facilitate implementation of recommendations through on-site coaching and training of refinery and petrochemical plant operators, engineers and managers
- Work well as a member of a multi-disciplinary team by integrating process knowledge, model results, and human performance skills to deliver solutions for clients
- Be responsible for project management activities on components of projects to ensure proper project delivery and quality control
- Work with Technology and Innovation teams to improve and expand the capabilities of the company's tools and methodologies
- Mentor and coach junior consultants
- Assist in business development visits, proposal preparation, and preparing material for industry conferences and publications
Client Relationship Management
- Manage client expectations via active scope management
- Become a “trusted advisor” to clients through the formation of close relationships
- Be willing to expand skill set and work across multiple products and service lines for the company
To succeed in this Senior Consultant role, you should be able to demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving capabilities as well as a minimum of 10 years' experience in refining or petrochemical industries.
- Demonstrate high quality technical knowledge / competence / productivity
- Demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrate positive attitude to work and others
- Demonstrate ability to be self-motivated yet able to work in a dynamic team
- Completion of work on schedule, within budget and achievement of planned margins
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, project management capabilities
- Maintain a high level of utilisation
- Be cost conscious and aware of personal contribution to company profitability
- Proactive personal development
- Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum, or Industrial Engineering or degree in Chemistry or Chemical Technology or Applied Mathematics (Bachelor or higher)
- A minimum of 10 years' relevant experience in the refining or petrochemical industries; focus of the experience should be in Planning, Scheduling, Blending, Logistics, Economics and/or Supply Chain Management
- Advanced modelling capabilities in at least one commercial system for Linear Programming, Production Scheduling, Blend Optimisation, Discrete or Stochastic Simulation or Supply Chain Optimisation
- Experience as user or working in collaboration with users of commercial systems for Linear Programming, Production Scheduling, Blend Optimisation, Discrete or Stochastic Simulation or Supply Chain Optimisation
- An understanding of refinery and petrochemical economics
This is a leading oil and gas company that needs no introduction.
If you are driven and determined to take up a challenging but rewarding opportunity with an industry leader, this Senior Consultant role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this role today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1549605 Balasubramanyam Bharath