Shift Team Leader
Consultant Bharath Balasubramanyam (R1549605)
Date posted 25 January 2019 2019-01-252019-03-17 oil-and-gas Singapore SG SGD 6000 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Shift Team Leader job has opened up with a Global Chemical Company in Singapore. Reporting into the operations manager this is a key operational position.
About the Shift Team Leader Role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager this is a key role in the daily production making sure the plant is operated in the most efficient and safe manner
- Supervises and co-ordinates the activities of his team during shift so that operating targets are met safely and efficiently and that all products are of the highest quality. Elements of OIMS and GME forms part of this STL role
- Contributes to the plant safety by ensuring that safety practices are followed and by making recommendations to Plant Management on new safety measures or changes to existing measures. An important feature of his safety duties is to carry out and report on scheduled safety drills and lead team safety meetings
- Ensure that operations are optimised and environmental standards are met by monitoring operations and by close communication with the Business Unit Leaders/Unit Coordinators and Contact Engineers
- Reports on and follows up on incidents and near misses during his shift. Will need to do an initial root cause analysis and feedback to Management on preventive measures
- Conduct training for technicians for improved competence and enhanced performance as part of his team grooming cum development efforts
- Must be a motivated individual who is constantly making efforts to keep himself updated with the changes in the business environment
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
To be successful in this position you will need ability to communicate properly with the technicians and make informed decisions on daily basis.
- Must be able to motivate and lead hid shift team to execute planned production runs, prepare equipment for maintenance, and perform effective troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple work items and set priorities for self and team is required
- Ability to evaluate risk of non-routine and routine tasks performed by shift team
- Demonstrated leadership capability and relevant operating plant experience (operations or maintenance) are required
- Experience making risk based decisions needed
- Must have demonstrated a positive attitude towards change
- Must have basic understanding of process plant equipment operation and knowledge of OIMS and GME Opex
This international chemical needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Shift Team Leader job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1549605 Balasubramanyam Bharath