Product Development Manager
Consultant Jan Schuitema (R1875292)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122019-01-07 oil-and-gas 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
A new Product Development Manager job based in Singapore has just become available at a well-known global company in the oil and gas industry.
About the Product Development Manager Role:
This is a senior position reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. In this role, you will be driving engineering projects and be involved in future tender processes.
- Manage project engineering design from concept, pre-feed, feed through to execution for upcoming and existing projects of various terminals for oil, LNG, LPG, etc.
- Responsible for preparing tenders for the upcoming projects for the company and taking responsibility for the entire process
- Prepare and present the investment proposal for various stakeholders as and when needed
- Present yourself and company to clients in a professional manner
- Responsible for presentations prior to contract award, contract negotiations and ongoing project meetings/problem resolution sessions
- Provide proper guidance and mentoring to Project Engineer, who will be reporting to you
To succeed in this Product Development Manager role, you will need excellent interpersonal and management skills to liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering - chemical/mechanical/E&I or I&C - is a must
- At least 10 years' experience in project engineering design for various major projects of at least SGD20-30 million; primarily working on downstream refinery projects
- Experienced in preparing tenders for large-scale projects either from an owner or an EPC’s point of view
- Experience writing investment proposals or managing an investment proposal from an EPC or owner-side
- Understanding of construction strategies and methodology for various pressure tanks (sphere, refrigerated, etc.) would be an added advantage
- Strong command of English with great interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who can work independently and advance to the Engineering Manager position
- Experience in taking initiative in and ownership of the project engineering process from the initial stage to execution
The renowned company handles a variety of oil, natural gas and a blend of petrochemical products for its customers, with over 300 employees in Singapore. This position comes with a clear grow path towards the position of Engineering Manager. Besides working for an established brand, you will be working with great people on exciting projects.
If you are driven and seek to advance your career with an industry-leading company, this Product Development Manager role will be a good fit for you.
Apply for this opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1875292 Jan Schuitema