Trade Finance Manager/Specialist
Salary SGD8500 - SGD10000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Clement Wang (R1981797)
Date posted 31 July 20192019-07-31 2019-09-29 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 8500 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Trade Finance Manager/Specialist job has just become available at one of the most prominent commodity houses/firms based in Singapore. Playing a crucial role of providing trade finance for commodity trades, this is a role for a professional who wishes to take their career to the next level.
About the Trade Finance Manager/Specialist Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for defining the broad business development strategy, delivering the highest quality service alongside four other country marketing directors. You will also take the lead providing direction to all marketing-related activities, including brand management, market research, events management and directory/league table submissions.
- Support the daily trade operational activities for all business units, such as letter of credit (LC) confirmation, discounting of export bills, open account receivables, and monitor payment due date, etc.
- Render support of all trade finance matters for the energy division which includes the following:
- Responsible for the issuance and receipt of all documentary credits, standby LCs, bid/performance bonds, bank guarantees and collection bills
- Review both purchase and sales contracts for which LCs are required to be issued or received respectively
- Ensure financial security for each shipment is in good order before giving the approval to load/discharge to the operations team
- Liaise closely with oil operators, trade counterparties and banks on all trade finance matters such as LC terms, LC amendments, LOI redemption, etc.
- Review documentary instructions, commercial invoices and shipping documents against LC for accuracy to ensure strict compliance with the LC
- Check and present documents for export negotiation
- Ensure the validity of the discrepancies highlighted by banks
- Monitor and follow up on the status of all trade transactions from inception to ultimate settlement
- Handle and resolve any exceptional trade issues that may arise
- Identify associated risks in certain transactions as well as potential risk mitigation in order to reduce the overall risk exposure
- Handle inquiries from all business units and provide appropriate technical and professional advice
- Liaise and work closely with banks and legal pertaining to trade and commodity financing documentation such as open account receivable discounting, silent confirmation and post acceptance discounting
- Develop existing banking relationships and develop new banking relationships to build additional trade finance capabilities to support the business
To succeed in the Trade Finance Manager/Specialist job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- University degree in finance, accounting or other relevant professional qualifications
- At least 5 - 10 years of experience in trade/commodity finance or structured finance
- In depth understanding of all trade finance instruments
- Hands-on experience in global physical commodity trading environments is preferred.
This international commodities firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. They have a very driven and forward-moving culture, with very attractive remuneration.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Trade Finance Manager/Specialist job.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981797 Clement Wang