VP Market Risk Manager
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nina Boschung (R22111401)
Job Ref 1890260/001
Date posted 11 January 2023singapore banking-financial-services/risk-credit-mkt-operational 2023-01-11 2023-02-10 financial-services Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting VP Market Risk Manager job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting to the Executive Director - Head of Market Risk.
About the VP Market Risk Manager Role:
In this role, your key responsibility is to participate in covering Singapore based business in AeJ Macro, CVA and Treasury. You will also be responsible for overseeing day-to-day market risk management governance processes and covering Singapore regulatory reporting as well as maintaining market risk oversight on Singapore legal entities.
- Daily review of key market news and positions taken and key changes
- Devise risk control framework suitable for Front Office strategy and product range to ensure risk taking is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and policies
- Liaise regularly with Front Office trading and structuring in the implementation of risk controls and ensure that issues identified (limit breach, incomplete or inadequate risk monitoring, system problems) are addressed in a timely manner.
- Produce daily risk report and limits reports timely to trading, senior management and regulatory stakeholders
- Conduct scenario analysis and review of structured/ hybrid portfolio and implement necessary risk control frameworks
- Ensure VAR and capital components are reviewed and signed off daily
- Review stress test scenarios, results and analysis of key drivers
- Review new product and transactions (e.g. DCFX, structured products) from a market risk point of view and provide opinion to the management
- Review market risk regulatory reporting and stress testing results submitted to Singapore regulators
- Work with stakeholders on firm wide risk projects e.g. FRTB and VAR system development in terms of design and testing
- Work closely and manage relationships with groups outside of Market Risk, such as Credit Risk, Research, Quantitative Research, Finance, Product Control, Middle Office, Market Risk Technology, Regulatory, and Internal Audit
To succeed in this VP Market Risk Manager role you must have at least 5 - 10 years of market risk analysis experience and at least three years in a supervisory or manager positions.
- Bachelor's or postgraduate degree – preferably related in a quantitative field e.g. statistics, mathematics, engineering
- Experience in fixed income products preferably experience in Exotics/Hybrid IR products
Knowledgeable about developed and AEJ emerging markets in general
- Experience with market risk processes (e.g. VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Strong team player who can interact and work well with front office, senior risk managers and other control functions
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Excel, VBA programming
This esteemed company is a leading global bank that provides a broad range of innovative solutions tailored to the specific requirements of individual, institutional, corporate and government clients through an international network in over 30 countries.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting VP Market Risk Manager job.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R22111401 Nina Natasha Boschung
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 11 January 2023An exciting Listed Derivatives Operations, VP job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 31 January 2023An attractive VP - Sanctions Advisory job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore to assist and support the Regional Head of Sanctions.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 27 January 2023An attractive Loan Operations, AVP/Analyst job has just become available at a reputable bank based in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 10 January 2023An attractive Loan Operations, AVP/Analyst job has just become available at a reputable bank based in Singapore.
Salary: yesLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 12 January 2023An exciting 12 month Project Manager, HR Transformation Workstream Lead has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. The role will work closely with stakeholders and sponsors in the line and maintain close working relationships with Technology partners, both internal and external