Operational Risk, Transformation and Governance Team Leader
Salary SGD250000 - SGD270000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Johnson Low (R1983658)
Date posted 11 November 20192019-11-11 2020-01-10 financial-services Singapore Singapore SG SGD 250000 270000 270000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Operational Risk, Transformation and Governance Team Leader job opportunity has become available at one of the biggest US banks for a senior executive who is experienced in operational risk management.
About the Operational Risk, Transformation and Governance Team Leader Role:
The candidate for this OR transformation and governance team leader is responsible for coordinating across the APAC operational risk business oversight team to maintain and sustain internal routines such as audit and exam coordination, issue management, team meetings, new team member on-boarding, and management reporting.
- Develop and execute regional/local/legal entity-wide analysis of OR data to identify notable OR trends requiring coordinated action planning, and opportunities for greater consistency in similar business functions. The team will leverage a wide variety of data elements to perform the horizontal evaluation, including (but not limited to) risks, issues, testing results, self-assurance results, and business process information
- Execute the identification of regional/local/legal entity-wide OR trends or themes, and drive coordinated action planning to address risks and issues
- Direct the supporting data analytics and intelligence to develop and deliver meaningful solutions in support of business oversight objectives
- Risk reporting routines to keep APAC Head of Operational Risk and International Head of Operational Risk informed and support OBRO discussion with key stakeholders
- Review, analyse and challenge Operational Risk Program and/or policy enhancements for potential conflicts, alignment to other IRM activities, and work with APAC business oversight team to assess front line feasibility
- Develop and execute regular information sharing routines across APAC business oversight and APAC risk coverage programme leaders
- Develop and orchestrate a sustainable governance/credible challenge calendar
- Coordinate across the APAC ORBO team to maintain and sustain internal routines such as audit and exam coordination, issue management (owned by ORBO), team meetings, new team member onboarding
- Lead coordination across APAC OBRO team for any audit or exam activities
- Execute issue management activities including ongoing monitoring of actions owned by the OBRO team, and the capture of status updates in SHRP
- Develop and maintain region specific training materials for onboarding of team members
- Support OBRO leaders with staff planning inclusive of resource assessments and recruiting
- Assist the APAC Head of Operational Risk with financial plans and associated tracking
- Develop and drive a consistent operating model for the APAC ORBO team
- Lead the development and definition of roles and responsibilities for the OBRO function, in alignment with the risk management framework and risk target operating model
- Drive the development and execution of a consistent operating model for the business
- Oversight function through defined programmes, common reporting protocols, developed oversight routines, and effective governance
- Define and implement sustainable engagement models between the front line, OBRO, and other applicable risk types
To succeed in this transformation and governance team leader role, you will need to be have a good experience in the second line of defence as well as meaningful experience with project management. You will need to demonstrate executive presence and ability to partner and collaborate with a breadth of stakeholders and constituents on a magnitude of topics varying in complexity and scope.
- At least 10 years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (including audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk)
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programmes
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the enterprise risk function
- Experience communicating with senior-level management, regulators, and auditors
The company is an American multinational financial services firm and is a good opportunity for someone to apply business and operational risk experience.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Operational Risk, Transformation and Governance Team Leader role.
Apply today for the role if you are a good fit.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1983658 Low Junsheng Johnson