IT Risk and Compliance Analyst
Salary Market Aligned
Location Singapore RiverCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-11-30 banking Singapore SG SGD 8800 9800 9800 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting and engaging IT Risk and Compliance Analyst job has just been made available at an investment banking and financial services firm. The company is looking for candidates strong in operational and/or IT risk who are able to ensure all frameworks and processes are risk-adverse and compliant to regulations.
About the IT Risk and Compliance Analyst Role:
This IT Risk and Compliance Analyst will spearhead and lead the bank in ensuring globally consistency in the regulatory and audit frameworks across APAC. With a strong understanding of IT risk and operational risk, this candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with local and global regulations.
- Lead and establish globally consistent regulatory/audit engagement framework and process in APAC, to deliver consistent and timely audit and regulatory responses
- Develop thematic technology audit and regulatory profile
- Establish structured regulatory compliance gap assessment, and lead the review against the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Establish proactive management and timely resolution of the risk and regulatory compliance portfolio affecting technology/group CIO
- Key independent advisory, escalation, and contact point for risk topics, and ensuring issues are receiving the correct first and second line of defence (1LOD/2LOD) and senior management focus
- Clearly articulate and communicate complex technology risk topics for effective resolution and awareness in line with the Bank’s Operational Risk Management (ORM) policies
- Actively contributes to the design of risk and control programmes and policies in line with the defined risk and control strategy, and risk appetite/tolerance
- Identify and propose optimisation and innovation towards simplification potentials and standards
- Gain a strong understanding of timely escalation, impact of risk events, remediation and lessons learnt to facilitate reduction of operational losses or near misses
- Chair and/or lead risk forums on governance of risk and regulatory portfolio, effective application of ORM processes and risk management
- Establish positive risk culture and drives behavioural change
To succeed in this IT Risk and Compliance Analyst role, you will need strong experience within IT Risk or Operational Risk.
- Four to five years' operational or IT risk
- Strong understanding of banking regulations, requirements and frameworks
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
This opportunity sits with a well -established investment banking and financial services firm in their Singapore office. This is newly created contract opportunity for 12 months.
If you are seeking an opportunity to gain hands on experience on IT and Operational risk, establish and create frameworks and processes on a regional standpoint, this IT Risk and Compliance Analyst job is right for you.
If you are keen on learning more about the opportunity, apply today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1879576 Sabrina Yap