Middle Officer (Risk Analyst)
Consultant Aude Bernardi (R1440154)
Date posted 21 January 2019 2019-01-212019-03-22 oil-and-gas Singapore SG SGD 5500 7000 7000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting Middle Officer (Risk Analyst) role has just become available at a fast-growing listed Commodities company. Reporting to the CFO, the Middle officer is responsible for the exact computation of the daily position and P&L for the entire activity. He is in charge of the assessment of the market risk of the company. The main stakeholders are the CFO, CEO and the traders.
About the Middle Officer (Risk Analyst) Role:
- He/she will be responsible for the publication of the P&L on a daily basis.
- He/she will ensure that the forward curves are reasonably marked.
- He/she will be analysing books risk exposure and daily MtM valuation.
- He/she will ensure that the derivatives trades are recognized in the IT trading software.
- Perform the required tasks in terms of margin calls.
- Implementation of the new it trading system
- He/she will provide market intelligence by analysing and extracting information from the different info providers.
If you are eager to work in a dynamic environment with significant possibility to grow with the company, this role is for you.
- Academic background in finance such as a bachelor or master in Finance.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position: Middle office in a commodity activity / risk analyst.
- Knowledge of derivatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Microsoft Excel
- Autonomy as the structure is small / Ability to work in a new set up.
- Experience is a commodity is preferably (Oil & Gas is an advantage) or in a commodity desk in a bank.
- Experience in an international environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to work under pressure
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
*post on WDA