Operational Risk Manager
Consultant Sabrina Yap (R1879576)
Date posted 03 January 2019 2019-01-032019-03-04 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 180000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
The Operational Risk Manager will be a crucial asset of the well-established/global asset management firm. The role is a regional position where you will be providing oversight to the risk framework and ensuring proper execution within Singapore and several regional offices. As the Operational Risk Manager, you will act as the main point of contact to build strong relationships with fund managers, dealers, and internal stakeholders to properly identify and mitigate risk.
The Asset Management firm is looking for their next Regional Operational Risk Manager to sit within their Singapore office. Some responsibilities of the role:
- Analyse sources of operational risk to provide forward looking operational risk expertise to business and senior management
- Build relationships with leaders within the business to remain informed of changes and developments
- Carry out risk based deep dive reviews based on requests from senior management
- Undertake risk management oversight of locally managed products
- Identify material sources of risk in new projects and ensure appropriate mitigation of risks and appropriate Operational risk assessments are performed
- Provide oversight of the operational risk framework and ensure adherence of the components such as: RCAs, Operational Risk Events, Issues and Actions
- Inclusion in the New Product and New Client risk assessment process, review and challenge the assessment results and mitigation proposed/undertaken where appropriate.
- Represent Risk in attending various Local and Regional Committee meetings and project steering committee/working groups