Treasury Funding & Investment Analyst
Salary SGD80000 - SGD90000 per annum
Consultant Benjamin Chong (R1871995)
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Treasury Funding & Investment Analyst job based in Singapore has just become available at a global financial institution.
About the Treasury Funding & Investment Analyst Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be managing and executing funding needs of the firm, mitigating the cost of the liquidity pool, and aggregating, hedging and managing the Banking Book interest rate risk to to balance the supply and demand of money and capital to create sustainable value.
- Perform daily liquidity management in Singapore/Hong Kong branch
- Provide support to senior traders around BAU operations for the daily funding coverage and other ongoing administrative queries.
- Support senior traders in overseeing Liquidity stress test encompassing all the contractual and behaviour flows
- Ensure compliance with the liquidity stress test limit framework as set out by Funding and Liquidity Management (FLM) and actively engage in unsecured funding and FX forward transactions in order to fund the branch’s stressed outflows and build sufficient liquidity buffers against liquidity stresses.
- Execute liquidity stress and funding related transactions efficiently in order to minimise the branch’s overall cost of funding while maximising their liquidity benefits to the branch.
- Assist senior traders to ensure that the liquidity buffer is invested to maximise its return
- Liaise with the local treasury units to ensure that the branch’s liquidity risks are reported accurately and managed in line with the group’s limit framework.
- Liaise with the various businesses to better manage the branch’s liquidity and anticipate changes to the branch’s funding requirements.
- Participate in regional/global TFI projects for Asia entities which require coordination with local stakeholders such as market risk, product control group, operation, IT, financial control team.
The successful Treasury Funding & Investment Analyst will need to possess a good understanding of investment strategies for liquidity pool and regulatory requirements related to liquidity of the group.
- Quality Degree holder with relevant experience and strong understanding of regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, Basel III with a particular focus on the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and the Net Stable Funding ratio
- Experience and understanding of liquidity stress test limit framework, funding related concepts, unsecured funding, FX forward transactions and currencies
- Attention to detail and an analytical character to manage liquidity metrics as consequences of breaches can be potentially large.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and effectively use internal systems including booking systems, new curves, internal processes and booking structures.
- Team player, with a proven ability to interact at a wide range of levels in and outside their own team
- Ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders and businesses to improve TFI’s ability to manage liquidity more efficiently.
You will be joining a global bank with an expertise that has made it one of the world's biggest. This well-recognised brand offers a range of exciting and diverse career possibilities.
If you are driven and seek the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Treasury Funding & Investment Analyst is the role for you. You will be part of a positive working environment that values beliefs and aspirations.
Apply today to discuss this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong