APAC FID Valuation Risk Controller
Consultant Benjamin Chong (R1871995)
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-28banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters
A new APAC FID Valuation Risk Controller job based in Singapore has just become available at a top-tier international bank.
About the APAC FID Valuation Risk Controller Role:
This is a valuation risk control role covering the APAC FID division with a focus on rates and FX risk factors.
- Formulating and conducting independent price verification (IPV) processes
- Reviewing appropriateness of valuation methodology and ensure trades are valued using approved valuation methodology
- Providing timely, thorough and in-depth analysis and commentary for price testing and performing unauthorised trading detection controls
- Supporting audit and regulatory requirements
- Supporting pre-trade and material Day 1 PL reviews from a valuations control perspective
- Contributing to valuation governance processes and supporting the relevant product valuations working groups
- Presenting summary level analysis to global product head
- Reviewing and challenging IPV results received from offshore deployment centres
- Supporting innovation and building new solutions to improve processes and controls
To succeed in this APAC FID Valuation Risk Controller role, you must have exposure to FID valuation risk control.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or quantitative-related subject; a recognised professional accountancy or post graduate degree in finance is helpful
- Five to eight years' experience in a valuation control, risk or product control related function
- Highly numerate with excellent product, financial modelling, and risk and valuation technique knowledge
- Rates/FX derivative experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly and succinctly to senior management
- Possess business partnership skills and experience in valuation control Target Operating Model design and implementation
- Ability to partner across regional teams and with senior stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to exercise good judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Strong Excel skills (Excel/Access); working knowledge of Excel VBA preferred but not necessary
- High level of integrity and accountability with a strong sense of urgency; results-oriented
The successful APAC FID Valuation Risk Controller will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment in brand new offices.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this role.
Apply today to discuss this role further.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong