Credit Risk Model Development Analyst (Retail)
Salary SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum
Consultant Benjamin Chong (R1871995)
Date posted 23 July 2018 2018-07-232018-09-21 banking 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
A Credit Risk Model Development Analyst (Retail) job has just become available at a leading global financial institution based in Singapore.
About the Credit Risk Model Development Analyst (Retail) role:
In this role, you will be reporting directly to the group head. You will be in charge of developing risk models for the retail banking group in line with regulatory (Basel II, BNM or MAS) requirements as well as industry best practices.
- Main responsibility will be predominantly on Credit Risk models, with some added responsibility for FRS-related overlays
- Present and explain/defend the modelling and review results to various management committees for endorsement and approval
- Liaise with BNM, MAS and/or other countries' regulators for regulatory approval and address any issues or gaps raised
- Work with model implementation team to ensure successful roll-out of new/ revised models
- Conduct training and briefing sessions to internal users
- Conduct regular review and monitoring of credit risk models and liaise with Model Validation during its annual model validation cycle
To succeed in this Credit Risk Model Development Analyst (Retail) role, you will need to have strong quantitative and modelling skills.
- Possess professional qualification/doctorate/master's/bachelor's degree or its equivalent preferably in Finance, Applied Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or other related/suitable quantitative discipline from a recognised university
- Experienced in credit risk model development (at least five years) and able to independently develop and review models as well as train less experienced staff
- Experienced in data programming, analysis and manipulation using SAS or other recognised programming languages
- Well-versed with Basel requirements for risk estimations and capital calculation; knowledge of FRS is an added advantage
- Well-versed in either corporate/commercial, consumer, retail SME and financial institution portfolio and products
- Well-versed in statistical modelling methods such as logistic regressions, segmentation techniques as well as the associated methods for handling low default count
- Self-assured and able to interact well with senior management levels
- Good command of written and verbal English is a necessity
- Experienced in managing projects and able to multi-task and deliver within tight deadlines
This global financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Credit Risk Model Development Analyst (Retail) role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1871995 Benjamin Chong