Manager, Model Governance
Salary Competitive benefits
Consultant MayJin Yap (R1656722)
Date posted 06 June 20176 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Manager, Model Governance job has just become available at a global financial institution based in Singapore (Changi).
About the Manager, Model Governance Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with group model risk policy and assisting the committee management for model governance. You will also take the lead to ensure a transparent and standardised method to approach all models for the bank (model inventory tool).
- Implement model risk policy across the group (globally, and across all functional models)
- Advance model management standards and practices (in particular for stress testing)
- Provide guidance on model and model risk management
- Lead implementation of model inventory tool and perform independent review of inventory and follow-up actions
- Establish good working relationships with key stakeholders and senior management
- Assist with monitoring the effectiveness, efficiency and suitability of governance frameworks and revisions as necessary
To succeed in the Manager, Model Governance job, you will need to have strong technical understanding of models, regulatory requirements and excellent communication skills to effectively work with multiple internal stakeholders from different disciplines.
- Minimum seven years' experience in risk management and assurance within financial institutions
- Direct model validation and development experience a plus
- Familiarity with cross disciplinary models (e.g. market, operational, credit, fcc etc); ensuring basic understanding to provide challenge to ensure models are fit for purpose and in compliance with regulations
- Attention to detail
This global financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Model Governance role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1656722 May Jin Yap