Business Analyst (BCBS239) - Wholesale Credit Risk (Contract)
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 17 April 2017
A new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Analyst to work on a high profile project related to the BCBS239 banking supervision, specifically within wholesale Credit Risk space for an international bank with a large presence in Singapore.
About the Business Analyst (BCBS239) Role:
The Bank is embarking on a program of work in Singapore to comply with a “Basel Committee on Banking Supervision” edict (BCBS239). The program is divided into multiple streams to cover various Risk Types. It requires the streams to analyse and document data requirements, and implement their change requirements in order to comply with the BCBS239 principles by the stipulated deadline.
The Business Analyst will support the Stream Reporting Leads for Wholesales Credit Risk in driving the BCBS239 requirements for both non-system deliverables and also for systems related projects. The job holder will work closely with the subject matter experts in Risk / Finance / Data Governance teams to review and analyse the project requirements against BCBS239 principles, data requirements for aggregation & reporting and work towards implementing the requirements.
- Coordinate various activities relating to Wholesale Credit Risk streams for the analysis and implementation of BCBS239 requirements
- Analyse, scope and work to deliver the requirements as set out by the programme management towards BCBS239 compliance
- Perform documentation deliverables for inventories (report / EUC / manual processes), priority reports, Risk measures and data elements including lineage, report specifications for BAU and crisis reports; ensuring high quality of documentation in a level of detail
- Ensure project deliveries are aligned to Group BCBS239 programme templates, various frameworks of Data, Technology, Risk Aggregation & Reporting
- Provide business requirements for necessary system changes, work with technology teams to ensure deliverables covering relevant testing for implementation
- Engage Group BCBS239 Programme counterparts to leverage the common agenda
- Collaborate with other risk types, finance, data governance and technology functions as necessary to ensure the programme deliverables are aligned
- Work with other teams / projects that may be related to BCBS239 deliverables, address / escalate conflict of interest and facilitate BCBS239 requirements
To succeed in this Business Analyst (BCBS239) role, you must possess more than six years' experience in Financial Services industry in Credit Risk Management and Reporting.
- Relevant degree in Accounting or Finance
- Extensive knowledge and understanding in internal MIS and/or regulatory reporting, MAS regulations and reporting requirements
- Well versed with Wholesale Banking products
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills to clearly articulate across the organisation hierarchy
- Organised, structured with a pragmatic multi tasking approach to deliver within demanding timelines
- Able to operate independently and also in cross-cultural cross-functional matrix teams
- Preferred experience working in regulatory projects, aware of its lifecycle stages and challenge
If you are a driven individual with an analytical mind set and want to take the next step in your career, this could be the role for you. This move would give great exposure to the hot area of Regulatory Risk, for one of the biggest banking organisations in Singapore.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon