Senior Operational Risk Officer (12 month contract)
Consultant Gavin Izon (R1659143)
Date posted 11 April 2017
An exciting new role, Senior Operational Risk Officer (12 month contract), has just been released by a large, international bank in Singapore. This is a group level role with wide coverage and would suit an experienced Operational Risk professional with a proven background in banking with particular exposure to and understanding of Derivative products.
About the Senior Operational Risk Officer (12 month contract) Role:
The role will involve driving improvement in existing Resolution Data Provision Processes across all relevant business areas through the Resolution Data Programme. Developing control enhancements to ensure that any operational risks within the Resolution Data Provision Processes are controlled in accordance with the Group’s standards and its Risk Appetite.
You will be the focal point of contact for the Resolution Data Programme on all matters pursuant to operational risks and controls of the Resolution Data Provision Processes across all relevant business areas. Escalating issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the Head, Operational Risk Policy and Process and Resolution Data Project Manager.
- Ensure that material operational risks within the Resolution Data Provision Processes are properly assessed and controlled in accordance with the Group’s standards
- Review existing Process Universe within each relevant business areas that the Resolution Data Provision Process can embed into, identify control gaps and work with Resolution Data Providers to add additional controls to the Process Universe if required. Add new process if there is no existing Process Universe
- Challenge the completeness of risk assessment, monitoring, and control activities within the Resolution Data Provision Processes across all relevant business areas and identify and address any significant gaps that may exist
- Develop a Resolution Data Provision Processes control enhancements rollout plan for all relevant business areas with defined clear timeline and milestones for the roll out
- Define and design appropriate MI and communicate updates to the Resolution Data Programme
- Ensure business heads, first line process owners and all Operational Risk Control Owners understand and accept their risk management responsibilities pursuant to the Resolution Data Provision Processes
To succeed in this Senior Operational Risk Officer (12 month contract) role, you should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage positively with colleagues across the business.
- Clear understanding of the Group’s Operational Risk Framework or equivalent experience gained in other organisations
- Expertise in process design and control and ability to assess risk in highly varied product base
- Ability to plan and manage a programmatic roll out of operational risk assessment and control enhancement with minimum supervision
- Sharp business acumen (including ability to assess risk and appropriate levels of return)
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role of Senior Operational Risk Officer
This inernational bank needs no introduction and is known as the leader in their field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. This is a great opportunity to work on a group wide program and make a signifciant impact for a global institution.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1659143 Gavin Izon