Analyst (Risk Appetite, Portfolio Risk)
Consultant Elizabeth Tan (R1543873)
Date posted 20 February 2017
A leading financial institution is seeking an Analyst (Risk Appetite, Portfolio Risk) for its Singapore team.
About the Analyst (Risk Appetite, Portfolio Risk) Role:
The Analyst (Risk Appetite, Portfolio Risk) is a newly-created role that takes responsibility for portfolio risk reporting and analysis to support risk management and the performance of the bank's business, risk appetite and economic capital. This business-facing role requires extensive stakeholder management and an analytical mindset to enhance the group's risk appetite framework by making use of stress testing results.
- Analyse and report on the risks and performance of the bank's businesses
- Provide impact analysis on proposed risk appetite metrics and embed the risk appetite approach by strengthening the link between risk appetite and stress testing
- Support the development of models and analytical solutions to assess concentrations, correlations and emerging risks in the portfolio
- Create dashboards and reports to provide a meaningful view of portfolio level risks across the business
- Calculate and generate reports on indicators across levels including by businesses/products/clients, and how the risks compare across various indicators and time
- Apply analytical ability and judgement in deciding the best way to present performance and risks to senior management
- Develop new reporting processes and metrics in line with industry best practices
To succeed in this role, you should have excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with the business.
- Three to five years' experience within portfolio risk / risk analytics / risk appetite analysis
- Microsoft Excel, Access, VBA skills; SAS is a plus
- Comfortable dealing with large amounts of data
- Quantitative ability
- Ability to handle large quantities of data and derive analytical insights
This is a leading financial institution with an extensive footprint in global markets, corporate and institutional banking, and consumer banking. The team prides itself on an innovative approach and the ability to translate risk concepts into practical solutions and tools to support the bank's growing banking franchise.
If you have a successful track record of business development and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Analyst (Risk Appetite, Portfolio Risk) role.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1543873 Elizabeth Tan