Senior Business Analyst - Credit Risk - IFRS 9
Consultant Ben Holman (R1437519)
Date posted 31 January 2017
An exciting Senior Business Analyst job has just become available at a leading international bank based in Singapore to be responsible for supporting the implementation of initiatives for the IFRS9 Expected Credit Loss (ECL) Calculator. This is a Singapore based role but candidates with international project delivery experience e.g. basel credit risk - PD, LGD, EAD would be preferred due to the fast-paced nature of the project.
About the Senior Business Analyst – PD / LGD / EAD – Project Delivery Role:
The IFRS9 implementation project is a group wide effort driven by a central project team. The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) has published the standard on IFRS9 Financial Instruments which brings together the classification and measurement, impairment and hedge accounting phases of the IASB’s project to replace IAS 39. IFRS9 is effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2018, with earlier application permitted.
You will be responsible to support the delivery of business requirements definition for all ECL initiatives which include multiple scenarios, specific ECL calculation logic, monthly approval process, reporting requirements, country implementation, process of re-calibrating model parameters, model monitoring etc.
Please note this role requires a Credit Risk expert who understands credit risk fundamentals (risk concepts & methodology) and is able to take the new CR models from the business, implement it into a SAS environment, maintain and run the models going forward.
- Review functional specification documents
- Work closely with SAS to design and implement the ECL initiative requirements in SAS (eg, Stress Testing Workbench (STW) and Business Rules Manager (BRM))
- Work with the Systems & Data work streams on data sourcing and posting
- Liaise with other IFRS 9 work streams including the modelling and IT teams to ensure the solution is aligned with the overall IFRS 9 delivery
- Attend / provide updates to project working groups
- Support the overall delivery of the IFRS 9 ECL Solution
- Ensure strategy for Functional Testing and UAT is defined, definition and execution of test scripts and test cases
To succeed in this Senior Business Analyst – PD / LGD / EAD – Project Delivery role, you must have extensive credit risk project / delivery experience.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Risk Management
- Extensive business analysis experience
- Knowledge in credit risk modelling (i.e. PD, LGD, EAD), provisioning & IFRS 9 is advantageous
- Hands on experience in credit risk systems/ credit risk modelling / model implementation
- SAS / Excel skills required and experience with SAS modules (eg, Model Implementation Platform, Stress Testing Workbench, Business Rules Manager) is ideal
- Strong analytical and conceptualisation skills, with a view to adopting or establishing industry best practices
- Ability to work in an agile project environment
The organisation operates over 1,500 branches and offices in over 60 markets globally. This contract role allows you to be involved in a large regulatory programme.
If you fit the above requirements, we would like to hear from you.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1437519 Ben Holman