Senior Credit Manager (Commodities, VP)
Consultant Elizabeth Tan (R1543873)
Date posted 12 January 2017
An excellent Senior Credit Manager (Commodities, VP) role in a prestigious Global Oil Company based in Singapore has just become available.
About the Senior Credit Manager (Commodities, VP) Role:
This leading organisation is seeking a qualified candidate for its Credit team based in Singapore to cover the APAC region. The Senior Credit Manager (Commodities, VP) will be responsible for credit analysis across the firm's new and existing transactions in support of the organisation's strategy.
- Perform in-depth credit analysis and have an oversight of a portfolio that consists of industry sectors and countries in the APAC region
- Prepare credit proposals, provide risk assessments, and highlight emerging risks/risk issues to traders and senior management
- Analyse, structure, and approve limits that are aligned with the firm's credit policies and risk appetite
- Work closely with the global credit team to generate ideas, recommendations and analyses in response to events in regional markets
- Monitor market trends and developments, and highlight how these translates in terms of business implications to the credit quality of the firm's portfolio
- Share regional expertise with front office and product teams
The successful candidate will be given local delegated approval authority, and is likely to come from a credit risk background within the energy/oil and gas sector. To succeed in this role, you should have sound knowledge and natural interest in understanding industry sectors and macroeconomic issues within the APAC region.
- Minimum of seven years' experience in corporate credit analysis
- Industry knowledge in the oil & gas / energy / mining / shipping sectors
- Experience in commodities / structured finance / project finance would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills and credit sense
- Excellent communication skills
- Good command of Mandarin in reading, writing and speaking is essential, as the candidate would need to work closely with Mandarin-speaking counterparts and translate documents in Mandarin
- Strong writing skills
- Team player
This is a leading Oil & Gas company with an extensive footprint in global markets and places a strong focus on its APAC business. The team prides itself on an innovative approach and a collegial working environment with work-life balance.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Excellent career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Credit Manager (Commodities, VP) role based in Singapore.
Apply for this new opportunity today.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1543873 Elizabeth Tan