Operational Risk Manager (BCBS 239)
Consultant Elizabeth Tan (R1543873)
Date posted 05 December 2016
As a result of global regulatory requirements for BCBS 239, this leading financial institution is seeking to hire an Operational Risk professional for a Group level role.
About the Operational Risk Manager (BCBS 239) role:
This is a newly-created role that will be based in Singapore and will take responsibility for operational risk oversight over the facilitation and alignment of the bank's BCBS 239 related activities. You will work closely alongside key stakeholders of the business to actively manage and develop the operational risk framework on the group level. You will also ensure that the function actively supports the identification, management and mitigation of operational risk.
- Drive the development and rollout of operational risk policies and tools by reviewing global operational risk framework and policy, and implementing frameworks for the firm's entities to identify, assess and mitigate risks based on BCBS 239 activities
- Analyse and monitor risk profile based on key risk indicators and escalate exceptions
- Review and challenge key control self assessments and monitoring plans
- Participate in determining operational risk appetite by working closely with the business and align the BCBS 239 related activities with the group's Operational Risk Framework
- Work with heads of departments in planning control metrics and processes to ensure that they meet business needs based on regulatory requirement
- Ensure compliance with the BCBS 239 requirements and facilitate the implementation of control sample test, KRIs and monitoring plans
To succeed in the Operational Risk Manager (BCBS 239) role, you should be able to work independently and have top tier written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of experience within operational risk in financial services
- Understanding of other types of risks would be a plus (e.g. market risk, liquidity risk, credit risk)
- Knowledge of BCBS 239 is an advantage
- Strong ability to engage with various stakeholders
Our client is a leading global name and a market leader in financial services. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
This Operational Risk Manager (BCBS 239) role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced operational risk professional to take the next step in your career.
Apply today for this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1543873 Elizabeth Tan