Operational Risk VP (Securities)
Consultant Elizabeth Tan (R1543873)
Date posted 18 October 2016
A leading global financial institution now seeks to hire an Operational Risk VP (Securities). This is a senior role that takes responsibility for operational risk management across the firm’s securities business. You will work alongside key stakeholders of the business to actively manage and develop the operational risk framework across the region. You will ensure that the function actively supports the identification, management and mitigation of operational risks.
About the Operational Risk VP (Securities) role:
This Operational Risk VP (Securities) role is a hands-on position that reports directly to the Head of Risk in Singapore. The role requires strong stakeholder management and the ability to challenge the business on control gaps and add value.
- Identify and manage top and emerging risks facing the securities business
- Drive risk assessment process and best practices through RCA scoping, risk assessment reviews and liaison with other functional areas and business managers
- Develop relationships with business stakeholders to provide risk advisory on business activities and engage them on operational risk culture
- Challenge the business on control gaps and implement appropriate controls in line with policy
- Drive risk assessment process and best practices through deep dives, risk assessment reviews and liaison with other functional areas and business managers
- Review and design risk mitigation and control process
To succeed in this job, you must have minimum 6 years of experience in Operational Risk / Audit.
- Experience within Securities / Asset Management is a pre-requisite
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with and influence the business
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and ability to drive change
- Comfortable in a hands on role requiring reporting work
This is a leading financial institution with an extensive footprint in corporate and institutional banking, wealth management and securities. The bank has a strong controls culture and a focus on proactive operational risk management.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1543873 Elizabeth Tan