Credit Middle Office, Associate
Salary SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Nathalie Chieng (R21100257)
Job Ref 1910100/001
Date posted 02 March 2023singapore banking-financial-services/operations 2023-03-21 2023-04-01 financial-services singapore SG SGD 8000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Credit Middle Office, Associate job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Vice President, Credit Middle Office, who is based in Singapore.
About the Credit Middle Office, Associate Role:
In this role, you will be part of the Credit Middle Office team supporting the Credit business within AEJ Global Markets division. In this role, you will be supporting the day-to-day activities as well as driving strategic change, identifying and remediating control risks, and ensuring compliance with audit and regulatory standards.
- Partner with trading desks on operational and settlement related matters while maintaining the second line of defence as a core control function
- Demonstrate an understanding of front-to-back trade flows as well as risk and P&L
- Produce daily end-of-day flash P&L and associated market data integrity verification
- Investigate and resolve position and trade exceptions through daily reconciliations
- Execute and manage life cycle events for credit products
- Work closely with IT to implement middle office initiatives and system roll-outs
- Assist the management with requirement gathering, analysis and user acceptance testing
- Build a strong network across multiple departments within the firm such as trading, risk, technology and other areas of operations to help streamline front-to-back processes
- Actively contribute in new business or process change initiatives through collaboration with other departments
- Ensure best practices are followed while mitigating operational, reputational and financial risk to the firm
- Drive automation and digitalisation initiatives to improve productivity and enhance controls
To succeed in this Credit Middle Office, Associate role, you will have at least five years of hands-on experience in credit life cycle and regulations such as mandatory clearing and MIFID. You will also be expected to act as the bridge between the department and trading desk and other external departments. Hence, it is mandatory to possess knowledge of credit products (notably bonds and CDS) and financing instruments such as repos.
- Degree or equivalent in the business management field
- At least five years of trade support experience and knowledge of bonds, structured products and/or CDS
- A self-motivated person with a strong attention to detail and control mindset
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- General knowledge of other global market products
- Understanding/hands-on knowledge in digital tools (Alteryx, Power BI, VBA, etc.) is an advantage
This company is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East and West, this company services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporate and governments through its three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Credit Middle Office, Associate role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R21100257 Nathalie Chieng
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 01 March 2023A Trade Capture, Structured Credit, AVP job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will report directly to the Vice President, Head of TCU.
Salary: SGD120000 - SGD140000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 23 March 2023An exciting Portfolio Liquidity Management, Manager job has just become available at a leading asset manager based in Singapore.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 23 March 2023An exciting Credit Risk Specialist job has just become available at a reputable digital banking firm. In this role, you will build CRM solutions and strategies for the customer life cycle.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 14 March 2023This is an exciting isConduct Analyst opportunity to join an international bank with a strong presence in the region. Rmmotion firm is a strong performer, projecting stability and solid growth.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 06 March 2023A unique Fund Operations Analyst job has become available at a rapidly expanding asset management firm, based in Singapore.