KYC Specialist, Private Banking, AVP/VP
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nathalie Chieng (R21100257)
Job Ref 1872520/001
Date posted 17 November 2022singapore banking-financial-services/operations 2022-11-17 2022-12-17 financial-services singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive KYC Specialist, Private Banking, AVP/VP job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. The KYC team reports to the COO Office and functions as the compliance expert for the front office.
About the KYC Specialist, Private Banking, AVP/VP Role:
In this role, you will be providing expert advice to front office in all KYC matters, and partner front office in the KYC review process, from the beginning of client onboarding. In addition, you will work closely with Group Compliance on specific AML/KYC policy and procedures as well as client risk profiling related matters.
- Advise Front Office on the onboarding requirement in accordance to firm’s AML/KYC standards and regulatory requirement, and partner with Front Office to meet the requirement
- Review and corroborate KYC information submitted by RM, perform an independent review and risk rate customer in accordance to regulatory requirement as well as Group AML/CFT policy and procedures
- Follow up with Front Office (RM & ARM) and other stakeholders on KYC related matters and for escalated/prioritised cases
- Assess and ensure the relevance and completeness of KYC information supplied by Front Office and perform appropriate due diligence checks and information searches to comply with firm standards of client onboarding
- Highlight deficiencies, suspicious AML or other non-compliance issues to relevant parties and management
- Prepare reports for management reporting to facilitate relevant reviews and strengthen the control procedures and process
- Train the Front Office on client documentation and KYC related subjects
- Coach the junior team members and provide guidance in exception handling
- Involve in projects for new processes or industry initiatives, and internal/external audits
- Keep abreast of global AML/CFT developments that impact due diligence on wealth clients and ensure compliance with all other controls and processes
To succeed in this KYC Specialist, Private Banking, AVP/VP role, you will have extensive experience managing front office people and KYC/AML within the private banking.
- Degree or equivalent in the finance field
- At least eight years of working experience in KYC/AML areas, risk or controls functions, preferably in private banking
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements pertaining to KYC/AML, e.g. MAS 626
- Certifications in AML such as Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or International Association Diploma in Anti Money Laundering would be an advantage
- Ability to be client-centric while balancing business needs and controls
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with front office stakeholders
- An efficient solutions provider with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Candidate requiring work visa sponsorship in Singapore need not apply
This esteemed company offers a one-stop, full-service touch-point for total banking requirements and provides the highest level of personalised banking. They have a team of dedicated, experienced investment advisors who identify opportunities in the various asset classes and employ the best strategies and product vehicles to cater to each client’s needs. Coupled with partnerships within the firm network and with global institutions, they strive to build long-term relationships with their private banking clients in Asia by providing them with high quality, timely and extensive wealth management, investments and financial solutions.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting KYC Specialist, Private Banking, AVP/VP role.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R21100257 Nathalie Chieng
Salary: SGD80000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 17 November 2022A KYC Wealth, Associaterole has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore.
Salary: SGD90000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Investment Operations Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected asset management firms based in Singapore. This is a role for an analyst who is fluent in this field.
Salary: SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 23 November 2022An exciting Investment Compliance (two-year contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global asset managers based in Singapore. This is a role that will require you to be part of the FOS team and the investment monitoring and coding team. The individual will work closely with the investment compliance team and key business and project stakeholders where there are interdependent deliverables with other streams (systems and processes).
Salary: SGD8000 - SGD10000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 22 November 2022An exciting Risk Management (six-month contract) job has just become available at one of the most respected global financial institutions based in Singapore. This is a role that will sit under the COO office in risk management. Depending on performance, this role might get converted to perm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 09 November 2022An attractive, exclusive VP Compliance (Capital Market) job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer, Asia.