Loan Operations Specialist, Senior Associate
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nathalie Chieng (R21100257)
Job Ref 1854480/001
Date posted 03 November 2022singapore banking-financial-services/operations 2022-11-03 2022-12-03 financial-services Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Loan Operations Specialist, Senior Associate job has just become available at a leading financial services firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will be reporting directly to the team lead based in Singapore.
About the Loan Operations Specialist, Senior Associate Role:
You will be responsible for acting as the primary point of contact between the transaction parties to a syndicated loan. Whilst appointed to coordinate the communication between clients, lenders and business partners, the Loan Operations Specialist, Senior Associate is also responsible for handling the flow of funds and providing ongoing transaction support during the life cycle of a deal.
- Review of the facility documentation from an operability perspective to ensure that the firm's standards and the latest APLMA/LSTA templates are adhered to
- Collaborate with the originating business and legal counsel in terms of comments raised, to ensure that such points are negotiated to a successful outcome
- Identify and collate the information required to on-board a new deal whilst ensuring that all documentation is received on a timely basis
- Liaise with legal counsel to ensure that relevant CPs are fulfilled and proactively manage the deal closing process, including funds flow
- Coordinate loan closing and primary syndication from an agency perspective, ensuring that a collaborative relationship is achieved and maintained with the originating business, syndications and any other stakeholders
- Set up deals and ongoing deal management in LoanIQ with reference to the facility agreement
- Work with internal and external contacts to manage the non-operational aspects of a deal including amendments, waivers and consent and act as the main point of contact for all deal issue escalations, ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner
- Proactively manage day-to-day run activities (drawdowns, rollovers, repayments, fees margin adjustments, covenants, secondary debt trades/transfers, etc.) whilst working with and overseeing the various offshore support teams to ensure that a high quality, client focused, and control conscious product is delivered
To succeed in this Senior Loans Agency Specialist, you will have end-to-end agency loan processing experience. The right candidate will also be comfortable liaising directly with stakeholders to ensure queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting and or related discipline
- At least three years of loan agency experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge on the role of the agent and the syndicated loan market
- Proven ability to read and interpret credit agreements
- Working knowledge of LoanIQ
- Exposure to structured finance i.e. real estate finance, acquisition finance or transportation and infrastructure finance is highly desired
- Security agent experience is advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to work under pressure
- Adapt quickly in an agile setting that imposes challenging deadlines
- Attentive to detail
- Proven ability to perform well in a team but also operate independently and without constant supervision
- Someone who is keen to challenge the status quo and is interested in continuous improvement and innovation
- Awareness of agile/lean principles
This is a leading global bank with a strong European base. The firm has than 57,000 employees serving around 38 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries. Their products include savings, payments, investments, loans and mortgages in most of the retail markets. For the wholesale banking clients, the firm provides specialised lending, tailored corporate finance, debt and equity market solutions, sustainable finance solutions, payments and cash management and trade and treasury services.
If you are driven, determined and want to progress in the discipline, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Loan Operations Specialist, Senior Associate role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R21100257 Nathalie Chieng
Salary: SGD75000 - SGD85000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 17 November 2022An attractive Equity Derivatives Trade Support, Executive job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager, who is based in Hong Kong.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Sales Support Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected asset management firms based in Singapore. This is a role for a Sales Support Analyst who is fluent in this field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Business Data Analyst job within the operations change management team has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore.
Salary: SGD5000 - SGD7000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting Private Banking KYC Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected private banks based in Singapore. This is a role for a compliance officer who is fluent in this field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 25 November 2022An attractive Client Services Executive job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Sales and Client Services Manager.