Credit Middle Office
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nathalie Chieng (R21100257)
Job Ref 1830170/001
Date posted 28 July 2022singapore banking-financial-services/operations 2022-07-28 2022-08-27 banking Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An Credit Middle Office job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. In this role, you will be directly reporting to the Vice President, Credit Middle Office, who is based in Singapore.
About the Credit Middle Office Role:
In this role, you will be part of the Credit Middle Office team supporting the credit business within the AEJ Global Markets division. In this role, you will be supporting the day to day as well as drive strategic change, identify and remediate control risks, and ensure compliance with audit and regulatory standards.
- Partner with trading desks on operational and settlement related matters while maintaining the second line of defence as a core control function
- Demonstrate an understanding of front to back trade flows as well as risk and P&L
- Produce daily end-of-day flash P&L and associated market data integrity verification
- Investigate and resolve position and trade exceptions through daily reconciliations
- Execute and manage of life cycle events for credit products
- Work closely with IT to implement middle office initiatives and system roll-outs
- Assist management with requirement gathering, analysis and user acceptance testing
- Build a strong network across multiple departments within the firm such as trading, risk, technology and other areas of operations with the goal to help streamline front to back processes
- Actively contribute in new business or process change initiatives through collaboration with other departments
- Ensure best practices are followed while mitigating operational, reputational and financial risk to the firm
- Drive automation and digitisation initiatives to improve productivity and enhance controls
To succeed in this Credit Middle Office role, you must have at least five years of hands-on experience in credit life cycle and regulations such as mandatory clearing and MIFID. You will also be expected to act as the bridge between the department and trading desk and other external departments. Hence, it is mandatory to possess knowledge of credit products (notably bonds and CDS) and financing instruments such as repos.
- Degree or equivalent in the business management field
- At least five years of trade support experience and knowledge of bonds, structured products and/or CDS
- A self-motivated person with a strong attention to detail and control mindset
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while demonstrating a strong sense of ownership and commitment to delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- General knowledge of other global market products
- Understanding/hands-on knowledge of digital tools (such as Alteryx, Power BI, VBA, etc.) is an advantage
This company is an Asia-headquartered financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets east and west, this company services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: retail, asset management, and wholesale (global markets and investment banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Credit Middle Office role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R21100257 Nathalie Chieng
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 10 August 2022An exciting AVP Valuation and Control job has become available at a finance team that is expanding.
Salary: SGD100000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 09 August 2022An attractive Associate, FCC Compliance Officer job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Governance and Assurance, Financial Crime Compliance, AEJ.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 04 August 2022An Audit Manager job has become available at a subsidiary of a Japanese financial group.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 03 August 2022A Assistant Vice President, Fund Accounting and Administration job has become available at a leading custodian bank in the world.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 28 July 2022An AVP, Prime Brokerage Derivatives job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore.