Technology Writer (6 months)
Salary SGD5000 - SGD6000 per annum + Market aligned
Consultant ShiHua Goh
Date posted 14 August 20192019-08-14 2019-09-13 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 5000 6000 6000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Technology Writer (6 months) job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. This is a role for a a technology writer with a background in journalism.
About the Technology Writer (6 months) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for breaking down complex ideas and terminology and distil them into something engaging that the readers will not only learn from but also enjoy.
• Ideate, plan, research, develop, and write unique content for our web platform
• Proofread text
• Build a network within our organisation and outside our organisation to keep ahead of trends and identify and propose topics that might be relevant for our audience
• Create, adapt, and deliver project schedules and deadlines
• Build and maintain a comprehensive library of technology terminology and documentation
• Engage teams across the bank to participate in research, then standardise and document technical design specifications they provide
• Research and build a knowledge base around our services, technology, and concepts
• Engage and meet with subject matter experts to ensure specialised topics are appropriately addressed and discussed
• Attend trade shows, conferences, meet ups, and educational seminars pertinent to our industry
• Identify community leaders and engage them to participate in the developer Q&A platform
• Moderate the community groups on the developer platform
• Work with engineering teams to set up new groups and rules within the developer platform
To succeed in this Technology Writer (6 months) role, you will need to be responsible for expressing the voice and tone of the team and the technology community through interviews, event coverage, how-to videos and blog articles, educational materials co-created with the academy team, and write-ups on activities.
• At least three years of experience writing for technology publications, journals, blogs, and other online publications
• Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous note taker with keen attention to detail
• Strong sense of narrative and awareness and empathy for our audiences
• Mastery of MS Word and expert in building, managing and maintaining documentation repositories
• Knowledge of online community moderation and building
• Ability to learn quick and adapt to new situations
• Basic understanding of hardware and software development life cycle
• Able to use a camera and shoot video, with basic editing skills
• Desire to learn and grow
• A light sense of humour
This is a global leading financial institution. This organisation has diversified financial services and multiple business segments. This organisation offers diversity and growth for innovation for all employees which makes it a great place to work and being a part of.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technology Writer (6 months) job.
Apply now or call me to find out more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: ShiHua Goh