Margin Operations Analyst (6 months contract)
Salary SGD7000 - SGD8000 per month
Consultant ShiHua Goh
Date posted 23 July 20192019-07-30 2019-08-22 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 7000 8000 8000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Margin Operations Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected global banking institutions based in Singapore. This is a role that a global support function whose primary role is to mitigate credit risk through margin calls at a portfolio level.
About the Margin Operations Analyst Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for supporting ad-hoc requests and queries from all stakeholders and ensure responses are prompt, accurate and ETAs are met.
- Daily processing for ISDA CSA, regulatory IM & VM agreements, China Pledge Agreement, GMRA, GMSLA, OSLA and Precious Metal Loan collateral programs
- Processing of daily trade/mark-to-market data from various product controlling sources / transaction systems.
- Data capture & validation
- Agreement, client & product static maintenance
- Agreement reviews & tracking
- Market data download & verification
- Collateral movements & positions reconciliations
- Prepare, collate & issue various reporting
- Execution of margin calls
- Exposure & margin validation
- Execution & settling of collateral asset movements
- Control of collateral positions and corporate action processing
- General communication with counter parties, Credit Risk, Operations, Front Office, Legal and Product Controllers
- Adherence to key processes and control requirement
- Investigate and resolve problems that occur for all collateral programs
- Continuous improvement of daily processing to increase efficiency
- Ensure day-to-day processes are followed and accounts / agreements are processed according to stated deadlines
- Ensure all process controls are followed and regularly update to maintain a strong control environment
- Escalation and management of operational issues in the region
- Feedback to appropriate teams to continuously improve process and risk controls
- Stakeholder and Client satisfaction
To succeed in this Margin Operations Analyst role, you will need to align behaviours to the spirit of the company values.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office applications especially in Excel.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to details with an inquiring mind.
- Self-motivated, focused and performance driven candidate who thrive under pressure.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A team player, dependable with strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Client service attitude.
- Familiar with the latest industry & regulatory requirements on collateral management & reporting
- Knowledge of Derivatives Markets and broad general experience of Financial Markets
- Understanding of OTC and repo products
- Understanding of credit, legal and front office processes
- Settlement knowledge of cash and securities (including tri-party arrangements)
- Understanding of escalation procedures and policies
- Understanding of global margin reform regulation, risk mitigation standards and the ISOCO framework
- Murex MxCMS
- AcadiaSoft MarginSphere
- TriOptima triResolve
- Algo/Sentry/TLM Collateral Management
This is a global leading financial institution. This organisation has diversified financial services functions and multiple business segments and offers diversity and growth for innovation for all employees, which makes it a great place to work and be a part of.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Margin Operations Analyst job.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: ShiHua Goh