AVP, KYC Specialist
Consultant Serena Fernando (R1764995)
Date posted 25 January 2019 2019-01-252019-03-23 banking singapore SG SGD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exciting new CIB KYC Specialist job has just been made available at a leading Investment bank in Singapore.
About the CIB KYC Specialist role:
In this business-critical role, you will be part of the KYC SME team that plays a key role in ensuring regional standardisation and operational support on KYC queries for COB team across APAC. You will be responsible for driving the knowledge sharing around changes or existing policy interpretations / requirements to COB teams and guide local teams on case specific complexities. This will involve supporting training delivery on an ad-hoc basis along with day to day query resolution support.
- Support CLM APAC teams on complex queries related to new client onboarding and Periodic reviews on day to day basis as part of expert team.
- Ensure training and knowledge sharing on KYC and regulatory/tax related client classification matters to all COB teams.
- Perform quality checks as needed at time to ensure that defined guidelines are being adhered to and help identify root cause of any gaps therein.
- Establish strong collaboration with AFC and business teams and help in resolution of issues that are stemming from policy execution action interpretation differences between CLM and business teams.
- Drive issue resolution or options articulation around any problems or challenges that crop up in the course of execution of above initiatives.
- Enhance awareness, expertise and experience of legal and regulatory requirements, control frameworks, operational processes and policies around Client Onboarding.
To succeed in this role, you will require strong relationship management skills with ability to influence and negotiate across all levels of seniority and across all divisions.
It will be essential to have an eye for detail and be able to apply control frameworks effectively around processes and to identify gaps/risks.
- Overall experience of at least seven years in the Banking/Finance industry
- Relevant KYC background with experience working in Client Onboarding team and/or interacting with clients and internal Sales teams on KYC topics.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory trends / developments around AML / KYC space
- Able to multi-task and deal with competing priorities
- Able to work in a highly-matrixed environment, with strong collaborations ability to enable bridging of gaps between groups and cultures.
This leading investment bank provides the best innovative and top-quality services to its clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding global business. The culture is demanding, as you will be expected to hit the ground running, but if you are confident and a self-starter, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined, hungry to learn and want to take the next step in your career within this top organisation, this role is for you. Great career development opportunities await the right person in this exciting CIB KYC Specialist role.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1764995 Serena Fernando