Senior Operations Analyst - Loan Origination
Consultant Serena Fernando (R1764995)
Date posted 01 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Senior Operations Analyst - Loan Origination job in Singapore has just been made available at a top alternative investment asset management firm. Reporting to the Heads of Shared Services, you will provide complex transactional support and provide expertise on bank debt while supporting the Corporate & Traded Credit investment team.
About the Senior Operations Analyst – Loan Origination role:
In this business-critical role, you will liaise with firm-wide and external stakeholders (i.e. Trading, Legal Counsel, Tax, Accounting, Risk and Treasury) to provide pre- and post-settlement operational support of complex transactions, including bank debt and trade claims. You will be required to provide assistance in the valuation process around complex deals, while working closely with investment professionals and analyse P&L for bank debt and other OTC instruments for completeness and collaborating with colleagues to resolve issues.
- Perform position reorganisations, including updating within the Portfolio Management system and working closely with accounting to properly capture in the General Ledger
- Facilitate trading activity through diligent follow up, relationship development with internal and external contacts, and extensive understanding of the credit markets
- Respond, complete and file corporate actions and claim filings as necessary
- Manage Security Reference (SRM) Master setup and maintenance of bank debt and claim security types
- Engage Tax to discover, highlight and book any tax considerations
- Implement new policies, procedures and internal controls as the business invests in new assets and geographies
- Assist with asset servicing events, reconciliation matters and ensuring the entry and maintenance of data in a SRM
- Reconcile data across multiple systems; and provide reporting from each source as needed
To succeed in this Senior Operations Analyst - Loan Origination role, you will need to be intellectually curious, and work well independently and collaboratively. You should have a strong interest in financial market and excellent stakeholder management skills. You will need to relate to the firm’s core values of Integrity, Excellence, Collegiality, Innovation and Humility, which are apparent in the firm’s culture. You should also be technical and system savvy in learning to work operational processes around the various systems used for booking, reporting and settlement purposes.
- University degree from a well-recognised tertiary institution
- At least over five years' experience in a capital markets, banking or investment operations role
- Strong credit product knowledge is highly preferred
- Knowledge of LSTA and LMA bank debt closing process is vital to this role
- Ability to quickly understand complex, structured deals and concepts, and to explain in simple terms to stakeholders
- Knowledge of Bloomberg and Advent Geneva portfolio management system is preferred
- Excellent communications skills
This leading asset management company based in Singapore provides the best innovative and top-quality investment solutions to their clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced, rapidly expanding global business. The culture is demanding, as you will be expected to hit the ground running, but if you are confident and a self-starter, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined, hungry to learn and want to take the next step in your career within the buy-side, this role is for you. Great career development opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Operations Analyst - Loan Origination job.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1764995 Serena Fernando