Trade Operations Executive
Consultant Ailia Kazmi (R1769895)
Date posted 01 February 20186 Battery Road Singapore 049909 Robert Walters Singapore
An exciting Trade Operations Executive job has just become available at one of the most respected banks here in Singapore. Reporting directly to the Head of Trade Operations, this is a role for a banker who is a leader in their field.
About the Trade Operations Executive Role:
In this business-critical role, your main responsibility is to support the daily BAU operations of the trade finance operations team. You will also support the Head of Trade Operations to implement operation controls as per company standards and regulatory requirements based on the remit of operations.
- Process, check and authorise all transactions in the Trade Finance Ops team as per the agreed DOA
- Ensure proper booking of transactions in the system and timely settlement of transactions
- Ensure timely delivery of documents as per agreed SLAs
- Active follow-up of transactions relating to the portfolio of clients assigned
- Ensure proper escalation of issues and that approvals are obtained for any exceptional processing
- Perform data input for trade finance, loans, fund-transfers and account operations transactions if necessary
- Investigate any errors/ discrepancies with transactions including settlements, ledger postings, limits, etc.
To succeed in the Trade Operations Executive job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with various internal and external stakeholders. You will also need to be a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- At least five years' experience in Trade Finance/Operations
- Document checking experience is mandatory
- Strong understanding of Trade Product knowledge, such as LC, guarantee, synidicated and bilateral loans, remittances
- Good understanding of controls around AML/CFT
- University degree will be an advantage
- Strong level of verbak and written English
- Cross-product exposure and working experience would be a plus
This prominent financial institution needs no introduction and is a market leader in corporate and investment banking. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a proactive attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on training and developing their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, motivated and knowledgeable in trade operations, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Trade Operations Executive role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1769895 Ailia Kazmi