Consultant Marion Rosselot (R1546860)
Date posted 28 November 2016
An exciting Business Analyst role has just become available at a global company to develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
About the Principal Category Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible to create the consensus demand estimate for Asia Pacific region. In order to accomplish this result, the planner will need to generate a statistical forecast estimate and balance this with market knowledge, sales input and business strategy.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Identify and document key forecast and planning assumptions during the demand cycle
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Business Management to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by leading a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel including the preparation and distribution of relevant material to facilitate the discussion
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs
- Maintain demand planning system and software including (1) enter and modify data and ensure, the correctness of product hierarchy (2) monitor trends in forecast error and (3) identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning and execution process
- Perform risk and upside evaluations as needed
To be successful in the role, you should be very comfortable with analysis and Excel Principal.
- Preferred candidate has prior experience in demand planning, supply chain or business analyst
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering, Masters degree in industrial engineering preferred
- Minimum three to five years in a planning or execution related role
- Experience in developing and utilising a statistical forecasting process to enable consensus demand planning
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills to interact across organisational elements
- Experienced in MS Office (especially Excel, Access)
- SAP and APO knowledge preferred
- Experience in utilising performance metrics to drive continuous process improvements
- MRP II process knowledge preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification a plus
- Project management experience is a plus
- APICS certification a plus (CPIM or CSCP)
The successful Business analyst will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment.
If you are progressive manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1546860 Marion Rosselot