Trade Support Officer
Consultant Jennifer Olliaro (R1653201)
Date posted 14 November 2016
An excellent opportunity to join the APAC SBL trade support team of an international leading bank in Singapore has just become available in the capacity of a Trade support Officer.
About the Trade Support Officer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily liaison and support with the Japan Securities Lending desk and trade support functions such as trade bookings, position management and optimisation, collateral management, reconciliation of cash and securities positions.
- Ownership of day-to-day SBL transactional processing for the Japan market
- Building and maintaining relationships with the Front Office, support teams and street counterparties
- Trade bookings, securities transfers and fails management
- Mark-to-market counterparty exposure management and oversight
- Scrutinising processes to identify issues and inefficiencies and then working with management to drive through changes and process enhancements
- Working with other teams and stakeholders to create scalable processes that mitigate risks
- Adhering to control procedures, identifying gaps and ensuring controls are implemented to close those gaps
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects and liaising with both internal and external counterparts in different regions
This is a trade support role and you must demonstrate maturity and have a good understanding of front to back process flow. We are seeking a dynamic candidate who is quantitative, analytical, great team player, and able to work under pressure. You will ideally have at least two years of investment banking experience in large global bank in Trade Support.
- Able to speak Japanese fluently as you will deal with Japanese-speaking clients on a daily basis
- Diploma / Degree holder with two years of relevant experience in trade support function such as trade bookings, position management and optimisation, collateral management and the reconciliation of cash and securities positions
- Attention to detail and the ability to process tasks accurately and in a timely manner
- Proven experience in facing off with business counterparts as well as internal / external counterparts
- Control focused with a good understanding of risk and the impact of errors. Able to initiate solutions to remediate problems at source
This company is a bulge bracket global bank and it is one of the prestigious investment banks. The organisation emphasises on professional growth for its employees and the role will offer exciting growth opportunities and competitive remuneration.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting job.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653201 Jennifer Olliaro