Senior Associate - Operations and Risk
Salary SGD4000 - SGD5000 per month
Consultant WeiYolk Loke (R1545553)
Date posted 14 November 2016
An established financial services firm that specialises in providing project finance, asset-backed and other structured debt financing solutions to companies in the infrastructure and offshore marine sectors is looking to hire a Senior Associate to join their operations team in line with business expansion plans.
About the Senior Associate - Operations and Risk Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational, settlement and administrative matters for the company’s portfolio of loans and bonds. This will include the execution of drawdowns, rollovers and trade settlements with external Facility Agents / Custodians and the monitoring of repayments of our loan and bond assets. In addition, you will support some aspects of funding and treasury activities from a settlements perspective. This role will require you to have extensive interaction with individuals from the Finance, Front Office and Risk teams within the company.
- Loan administration (dealing with funding, drawdowns, rollovers, interest payments, fees payments, prepayments, repayments, client and bank correspondences, miscellaneous matters)
- Full range of loan products, bilateral, participation agency, structured deals, project finance etc
- Liaise effectively with Transaction Managers and Relationship Managers
- Arrange loan funding with Treasury
- Monitor receipts of funds (clients, participating banks)
- Arrange payments from clients’ account (SWIFT knowledge preferred)
- Process clients’ enquires (E.g. bank balances, audit confirmation)
- Monitor monthly retention payments and minimum required balances in clients’ accounts
- Handle problem accounts and late payments
- Daily reconciliation of accounts (nostro and client accounts)
- Ensure timely update of the loan system (SAP knowledge preferred)
- Assist with providing reports to management
- Fileall correspondences
To succeed in this Senior Associate - Operations and Risk role, you would need to be a team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) and able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree with at least three to five years' operations and settlements experience in a bank or finance company, preferably with exposure to syndicated / bilateral loans and bonds
- Exposure to the development and refinement of operational procedures, work processes and systems would be a plus
- Possess strong work ethic (especially when there are tight deadlines) and ability to multi-task
- Detail oriented, meticulous and versatile
- Highly motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Eagerness to learn, with mindset of questioning and cross checking information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Words)
This financial services firm has been established since 2012 and has been growing its portfolio steadily. This is a mid-sized firm that is growing organically and the culture is collaborative. Currently the firm has committed US$1.2 billion to various projects around the world to date and they have a global remit and our portfolio tht spans across Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe and South America. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Associate - Operations and Risk job.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1545553 Wei Yolk Loke