Head of Trade Management
Salary Market Aligned
Consultant Nathalie Chieng (R21100257)
Job Ref 1814200/001
Date posted 21 June 2022singapore banking-financial-services/investment-management 2022-06-21 2022-07-21 financial-services Singapore SG Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An attractive Head of Trade Management job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Operations, APAC.
About the Head of Trade Management Role:
In this role, you will be managing the Singapore trade management team, supporting the relevant asset classes. You will also be defining, and providing oversight of the roles and responsibilities, within the team, providing guidance and leadership to team members.
- Ensure that policy and procedure documents are maintained, and updated as and when appropriate, to reflect the way in which trade management operates
- Take ownership, where necessary, of any issues that may arise, in the day to day operating model of the trade management team
- Ensure that any cross-training is defined, implemented and completed, so as to not have any 'single points of failure' within the team
- Ensure that any and all information relevant to the team, is disseminated, and understood by all team members
- Proactively manage the risk and control environment, including preparing for any regulatory change, in conjunction with the Regional Head of Trade Management
- Ensure that the team operates within the parameters of the control environment, acting as a first line of defence to our business, at all times and all tasks required of the team, are completed in a timely and efficient manner, whilst ensuring that the team proactively manages the risk and control environment
- Monitor all in-house exception monitoring tools, to ensure that we provide a robust, consistent, and efficient trade management process for the business
- Ensure and evidence oversight of any regular intra-day, intra-week, or intra-month tasks, necessary to ensure that our trades are managed as appropriate
- Engage with the Regional Head of Trade management, to ensure that the way in which the team operates, is aligned to the strategy of global broking, operations at all times
- Provide analysis and suggestions for process changes, in order to constantly improve the way in which the trade management team operates
- Engage with internal and external control and audit functions as appropriate, including, but not limited to internal and external audit, and the Business Risk and Control Team, to include assisting with the completion of RCSAs, etc.
- Engage and represent trade management as a stakeholder in any relevant or ad hoc project, providing analytical, or procedural expertise, to ensure that operational goals and standards are not compromised in the delivery of a given project
- Engage with regional counterparts, and also other Trade Management Managers in the same region, to ensure that knowledge and information is disseminated in a timely and accurate manner
- Resolve complex issues across multiple trades/products, and conduct post event analysis, as required
- Lead trade management functions of the satellite offices in the APAC region
To succeed in this Head of Trade Management role, you will have experienced in full trade life cycle, including pre- and post-trade support. The right candidate will also have successful tracked record in leading and managing a team within the trade management space in financial industry.
- Degree or equivalent in a finance field
- At least six years of relevant work experience in a similar industry
- Good understanding of wholesale financial services
- Ability to develop new skills and understanding new technology as required
- Good understanding of operational risk
- Good understanding of the financial regulatory landscape
- Experience in leading a team with good supervisory and leadership skills
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
- Build relationships and networks both internally and externally wherever possible
- Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated sound judgement with good understanding
- Demonstrated drive, commitment and focus on personal development, with a desire and aptitude to learn
This esteemed company is operating at the heart of the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets. They are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world’s financial markets, covering FX, rates, credit, equities, energy and commodities. Globally, the company is a leading provider of market participants, with execution via a range of regulated venues, covering a full spectrum of over-the-counter (OTC) asset classes.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Trade Management role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R21100257 Nathalie Chieng
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Singapore RiverDate posted: 08 June 2022An exciting Data Operations Analyst job has just become available at one of the most respected financial institutions based in Singapore. This is a role for a data driven analyst who is fluent in this field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 13 June 2022An attractive Senior Fraud Operations Specialist job has just become available at a reputable multinational company based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Fraud operations, Customer Success.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 15 June 2022A rapidly expanding private equity firm is seeking a Finance Manager to join their team in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Asia Financial Controller who is based in Hong Kong.
Salary: SGD110000 - SGD130000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 03 June 2022An attractive AVP, AFC - CB Transaction Monitoring Investigator job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the corporate banking transaction monitoring Head in Singapore.
Salary: SGD90000 - SGD120000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: SingaporeDate posted: 13 June 2022An attractive AVP, Principal Investigator job has just become available at a reputable financial services firm based in Singapore. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Anti-Financial Crime Investigation.