APAC Head of Institutional Business Development
Salary SGD300000 - SGD380000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant Clement Wang (R1981797)
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 financial-services Singapore SG SGD 300000 380000 380000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg https://www.robertwalters.com.sg/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting APAC Head of Institutional Business Development job has just become available at one of the fastest growing asset management firms based in Singapore. Taking charge of the entire business in the APAC region, this is a very challenging and exciting role for a top leader in the industry.
About the APAC Head of Institutional Business Development Role:
In this very crucial role, you will be responsible for generating the revenue and growing the AUM from APAC's institutional business.
- Grow and maintain the currently strong institutional clientele in APAC
- Communicate firm objectives and strategies to promote cohesion among regional and global teams
- Ensure resources are deployed to achieve the objectives of the firm
- Create a culture of achievement and maintain transparency, efficiency and accountability
- Oversee global projects and programmes
- Maintain governance frameworks and ensure regulatory standards are upheld at all times
- Support and act as a trusted member of the global leadership team
- Coordination of all lines of business across the Asia ex Japan region
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of client needs and requirements and coordinate with sales, portfolio managers, and investor relations resources to deliver the optimal advisory and sales services to company's institutional clients
- Conduct operational and financial reviews of the regional business when required
- Work with senior leaders on day-to-day activities: communications with staff, staff planning and management, staff needs, hiring needs and recruiting needs
- Maintain and promote the company's regional and international reputation in the markets they serve
To succeed in the APAC Head of Institutional Business Development job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Must have at least 15 - 20 years’ experience in institutional sales within asset management
- Advanced senior management experience including a significant understanding of the institutional funds market in Asia ex Japan
- Excellent communication and judgement experience, possessing a strategic mindset
- Experience in fund raising is essential; a proven track record of working with institutional investors, including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, and private banks, in Asia ex Japan markets
- Familiar with fund structures including UCITS, offshore structures and LLPs, as well as administrators, transfer agents and custodians
- Strong organisational and analytic skills, with an attention to detail
- Proactive, independent and self-motivated
This global asset management company is currently one of the fastest growing in the world. Started in 2006 by top leaders in JP Morgan, with an AUM of US$6 billion in 2016, it has grown to an AUM of US$12 billion today, and continues to grow. Hence, this role is extremely crucial as it takes charge of the APAC business, and has to liaise closely with MAS, being a licensed party in Singapore.
If you are currently a top leader in your field, and looking for an exciting and challenging career, this APAC CEO/Head of Business Development role is definitely the right opportunity.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1981797 Clement Wang