Salary SGD90000 - SGD150000 per annum
Consultant Alicia Keith (R1980848)
Date posted 18 March 20192019-03-18 2019-05-17 banking Singapore SG SGD 90000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.sg
An exiting new job as PMO has just become available within the Wealth Management arm of a world leading Investment Bank, based in Singapore.
About the PMO Role:
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Project Manager, you will be working on a number of projects as part of the bank's wider efforts to increase efficiency and improve the digital experience of clients in the wealth management space. You will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager on live projects, acting as a key point of contact for the project as a whole.
- Work closely with the PM to ensure smooth delivery in key project areas
- Manage and be responsible for providing oversight and direction to the product delivery teams
- Prepare and deliver reporting materials to the PM, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and relevance of data
- Produce monthly updates by way of presentations to the PM and other stakeholders, taking key ownership of the project
- Own the key messages to be delivered and approvals sought
- Act as communicator of project status between the Agile delivery teams and the PM/key stakeholders
- Ensure the project has an effective structure for the management of risks and issues; that they are identified, maintained, reviewed, addressed and escalated in a timely manner
- Be responsible for alignment of the project with the bank's standards, working closely with the team to define the implementation of the standards within the project plan
- Ensure accurate and realistic forecasts are maintained; monitor and follow up on variances; support the Accountable Executive in meeting the project's financial commitments in each year and over the life of the project
- Encourage and enforce high standards of quality, accuracy and consistency in all project logs, trackers and reporting materials
- Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank’s operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls
- Participate in review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project’s cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution
To succeed in the role, you must have strong practical knowledge of project or programme delivery in an Agile environment.
- PMO or similar experience within a global private banking or wealth management business; or similar experience within a top tier consulting firm
- Experience in managing external vendors, preferably with working knowledge of the bank's global sourcing process and standards
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to produce well versed and informative presentations to senior stakeholders and project leads on a regular basis
- Experience in supporting a global group and ability to work in a highly collaborative manner across the network with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline
- Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously “see the big picture” and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution
- Experience in one or more of the following product areas (FX, Mutual Funds, Equities, Derivatives, Lending, WM Advisory, Bancassurance)
- Demonstrated knowledge of wealth management or private banking processes and technology systems
- Experience in lean / six sigma process improvement
This is a global bank that offers rewarding growth opportunities.
If you are driven and seek to take your career forward with an industry leader, this PMO role will be a good fit for you.
Apply today or reach out to me via the details below for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1980848 Alicia Keith