Investment Analyst (12 months)
Salary SGD5000 - SGD7500 per monthCONTRACTOR
Consultant Jennifer Olliaro (R1653201)
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-11-29 financial-services 6 Battery Road Singapore 049909
An exciting and newly-created position Investment Analyst (12 months) job based in Singapore has just become available at a top-tier American bank to support and assist its Investment Management team. This is a 12-month contract which can be renewable or convertible into a permanent role.
About the Investment Analyst (12 months) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be part of a team responsible for developing, and through active post-launch management, maintaining mutual funds (outside of the US) with a focus on Asia Pacific excluding Japan. This encompasses assisting internal teams (Sales and Portfolio Management) in defining which products are needed to support investment strategies, and launching those products in a commercially-successful, high-quality manner. After launch, the team must ensure that the funds remain optimally positioned and commercially viable as client requirements and the regulatory and competitive environments change.
- Product Development
- Understand demand/requirement for investment products and solutions
- Research competitor fund information and producing appropriate analysis to support business case for new products
- Assist with the preparation of internal approval documentation, including the collation of sales estimates
- Participate in regular product development meetings and assist in project management, including maintaining project trackers, producing meeting agendas and minutes
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes in Asia Pacific excluding Japan region and assess the implications on company products
- Monitor and research on market trends, asset flows, peer funds/strategies, new fund launches, and provide regular updates to the business
- Product Management
- Produce and distribute monthly and quarterly reports on assets under management, shareholder concentration, dividend distributions etc. for marketing and regulatory purposes
- Assist with drafting updates to product documentation (i.e. prospectus, Key Facts Statement, Key Investor Information Document, etc.) including coordinating discussions for review and internal sign-off
- Assist with preparing reports for quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Respond to ad hoc requests from Sales and Marketing teams regarding funds
- Document team procedures and processes for business continuity purposes
- Maintain internal product resources (e.g. updating internal database, internal SharePoint sites)
To succeed in this Investment Analyst (12 months) role, you will need to have the ability to work independently and proactively with minimal management supervision.
- University Degree holder in Banking and Finance
- At least one year's working experience within Asset Management industry.
- Excellent asset class & products knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is detail oriented, flexible, and analytical, with demonstrated time management skills
- Mandarin will be a plus
This leading financial institution has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and promotes from within - career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are driven and enjoy working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, this role is for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Investment Analyst (12 months) role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1653201 Jennifer Olliaro