Investment Sales Representative
Consultant Liam Thomson (R1546696)
Date posted 05 January 2017
A leading international asset management company is seeking an experienced sales professional to join their Singapore team.
About the Investment Sales Representative Role:
The Investment Sales Representative will primarily focus on leading and managing business relationships with buy side and sell side clients.
- Serve as an integral member of APAC sales and marketing team – initiate client relationships with institutional and distribution clients in the region
- Responsible for drive sales into strategies, increase brand awareness and cultivating relationship with clients
- Build strong, professional working relationship with key prospects and consultants (e.g. travel across the region, arrange appropriate trips for fund manager/ investment professional to raise company profile and prospects)
- Require solid understanding of investment capabilities with an ability to communicate investment strategies to clients and prospects effectively
- Work closely with different offices across a range of areas including product development, operations, RFP, legal and compliance, etc.
- Attend conference and speaking engagements as directed
- Fulfil all sales-related administrative responsibilities
- Maintain existing client relationships and develop new ones
To succeed in this role, you must have 7-10 years' investment sales experience and you should be entrepreneurial, pragmatic, highly motivated, self-disciplined and a self-starter with good communication skills.
- Able to collaborate, have team-building qualities and feel comfortable to work in a satellite office
- An effective networker with the ability to develop strong relationships
- An excellent knowledge of the sales process, ability to generate, follow up and close sales; a track record in winning business in SEA
- Ability to identify market opportunities and build significant and profitable presence in SEA
- Capacity to act as key liaison to clients, prospects, consultants, media and industry groups
- Product knowledge, includes global equities, global fixed income, multi-assets, hedge funds, private equities, etc.
This is a leading global financial firm and has an established presence in Singapore and across Asia. This market leader has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. This is a great brand to join at an exciting time in its development. It offers excellent benefits and career development.
If you have a successful track record of working in an asset management firm or a related field, you can take your career forward with this exciting role as Investment Sales Representative.
Apply today for this exciting opportunity.