Director, Strategic Vendor Management – Asset Management
Consultant Samuel Randall (R1546283)
Date posted 17 November 2016
A leading asset management company with a large strategic presence in Singapore is seeking a Director level Service Provider Management job. You will have excellent understanding of the requirements of vendor provided services in an asset management environment and an exemplary track record in improving the capability of such services, both internal and external to the organisation.
About the Director, Strategic Vendor Management Role:
Reporting to the Head of Investment Services, you will be responsible for managing business critical relationships with key partners, understanding the requirements of the business and any gaps between the existing and target states as well as implementing and managing the team responsible for governance, procurement and managing existing relationships with suppliers in a more traditional vendor management fashion.
- Ownership of the relationship with key service providers and partners
- Analysis of current state and ability to identify and deliver positive change to the procurement service
- Management of the Procurement process including: contract & license management, budget and invoice management
- Management of technology and outsourced service vendors
- Management of a small team of direct reports
- Ownership of the Negotiation process and on-boarding of new partners
- Support regional and satellite offices as a Centre of Excellence for vendor management
You will need to be knowledgeable and experienced professional in Asset Management with proven track record of understanding the requirements for maximising the effectiveness of vendor partners, ideally from both sides of the relationship.
- At least 10 years' experience in Asset Management in a senior position in operations management, middle office, front office support, service provision, business management, COO or Procurement
- Understanding of front to back processes, particularly the outsourcing and successful ongoing management of key processes, operations & technology
- Be an agent of change - be able to understand the current situation, the desired state, and how to navigate effectively to deliver change as oart of a multi year, complex, business transformation initiative
- Outstanding communication and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to manage, gain trust of and influence senior stakeholders (up to CxO / Board level) for driving initiatives
This is a successful and sustainable business and is built on doing tangible, long term good for it's employees, customers and the communities it serves. The organisation offers exceptional opportunities for growth and career development for its employees.
If you have a successful track record of asset management and enjoy working in a team environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting role.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1546283 Sam Randall